Chapter 20

Allie's POV

The only good thing that came out of this horrible mess was that Madi, Minho, and I have become friends.

Thomas hasn't fully recovered yet, but I know they will love him.

It's only been two days. Between these two days, we've mourned, buried Alby, and have gotten to know each other.

All I want now is for Thomas to recover so we can play our way to kill those shuck faces that shoved us in here. I want them to pay. They made me kill a friend, because they poisoned him. They will pay if it is the absolute last thing I ever do.

-

I sit on the grass fumbling with each piece in my hand.

I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Minho.

"Hey." He waves.

"Hey." I respond.

"I have a question." He jumps in to conversation immediately.

"Ask away."

"Do you like me and Madi together?" He asks.

"Like in a couple way?" I ask trying my best to hold back my laughs.

"Yeah..." He trailed off. "Just a
thought."

"Sure, I guess." I shrug. "Why do you care what I think?"

"I was kind of- I don't know." He stutters.

"Spit it out." I say with a light laugh.

"Oh, shuck it." He sighs. "I wanted to ask for your blessing. I really like her, and I think she likes me too."

"Cool. You have my blessing. Make her happy. She really needs it." I say with a smile.

Minho beams. "Thanks."

"No problem." I respond.

He gets up and runs off. I stare back at the grass. I just hope something will change. I want my revenge.

Madi skips up to me a couple minutes later, her smile the biggest I've ever seen. "Hey!" She practically squeals.

"What's up, jumpy?" I ask with a giggle. I try my best to hide the mix of sadness and anger that has been boiling inside of me since the 'incident.'

"Nothing....Other than Minho and I are a couple!!!" She shrieks from excitement.

"I'm really happy for you," I say. "But I need a minute, okay?"

I get up and look at her. She nods understandingly.

I run off deep into the woods and I just sit.

All I have been seeing for days now is the constant replay of me killing Alby. I see his face everywhere, even in the clouds. Every time I close my eyes, I have dreams of me, stabbing him. The scariest part was, each time I did it, I felt less remorse. I kept waking up in a cold sweat. I can't sleep, I can't eat, this whole situation has been driving me crazy and it kills me to know I can't do anything about it.

I just wish things could be different. None of this would be happening, and we could all live normally. That's all I want.

I punch the ground. I don't know why. My anger is just consuming me lately, I guess. The stinging sensation in my hand is somehow satisfying. I punch the ground even more, until my knuckles are bleeding hard.

I feel tears start to pool in my eyes. I know what you're thinking. It's not because of the pain in my throbbing wrist. It's just everything.

I shouldn't have to worry about killing people to live. I shouldn't have to fight to keep people alive. I shouldn't have to fend for my self and other people.

I should feel excitement bubbling in me because two of my friends are dating. I should worry about teenage girl things, like what I should wear, or the latest gadgets I have, or anything remotely normal. I should be able to feel the same way I felt the other day with Thomas before everything fell apart.

Wait. A. Minute.

Did I just admit to myself that I have feelings for Thomas?!

My closest friend's brother?!

Well, shuck. This can't end well at all.

Oh, great.

Yet another unnecessary problem piling onto a pile that is my life.

Yay.