Surprises..

Bre POV

*the next week*

The girls decided to take me out to lunch to try to brighten my mood. I've been really depressed because of the whole Ricky thing and nothing seemed to get my mind off of that day.

"Bre are you getting ready?" I heard Zonnique yell. I rolled out of bed and picked out a cute outfit. Might as well look great since I feel horrible. I checked my phone and I noticed a text from Issa Thompson. That's weird. I haven't spoken to him since I took Ricky back about 9 months ago.

I: Hello beautiful 😊 Haven't heard from you in a while. I'd love to take you out to dinner so we can catch up.

Me: Hey Issa. Look I would love to catch up with you but idk if that's gonna be a good idea...

I: Lol Bre it's just two friends having dinner, no biggie. How does 8 o'clock sound?

Me: Great :)

I: Cool. See ya then gorgeous 😉

Did I really just agree to that? I'm not ready to go out with another guy again. I really can't take anymore disappointment.... Maybe I'm overreacting, I mean we're just friends after all, but he used to flirt with me a lot when we were on tour. I hope I don't wreck this. He's a really sweet guy and a great friend so tonight should be fun.

Zonnique POV

Bre just told us about her little date with Issa tonight. I can tell she's nervous because she blushes every time I say 'date'. It's so cute it makes me giggle. Ray and I finally talked on the phone last night, but it was very brief. It's so hard having a long distance relationship. Why does he have to live all the way in LA? Sometimes I wish I didn't love him so much because it would make things so much easier. Speak of the devil, he's calling me.

*phone convo*

"Hey bae, you at home?"

"Um yea why?"

"I have a surprise coming for you."

"And what is this surprise?"

"I can't tell you but I know you're gonna love it."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Everybody was gone except me and the girls so I wonder who this could be.

"Hold on, someone's at the door"

"Okay but stay on the phone"

I didn't know why he wanted me to stay on. Maybe it was the little surprise he mentioned earlier. I ran downstairs to open the door. To my surprise it was Ray standing there holding his phone up to his ear. I was so shocked I almost dropped my phone.

He smiled as he said"Hello beautiful."

I jumped into his arms and he twirled me around until I was dizzy. When he put me down he kissed me gently. I've missed this so much. No matter how mad I am at Ray I still love him and any time we spend together is precious.

"Baby I can't believe you're here! How'd you find time to come out here?"

"I'll always find time for you Nique. I've been working overtime, doing extra promos and meet and greets so I could come see the woman I love. Come here."

He pulled me in again for a kiss. This one was longer than the first. I felt his tongue against my bottom lip. I opened slightly giving him what he wanted. I hear someone behind me clear their throat.

"So ya just gonna stand there and make out all day or what?"

Bahja's loud ass of course. After he greeted the girls we sat around and caught up. He never let go of my hand. I caught him staring at me and smiling a few times and when they weren't looking he would sneak in quick kisses. I love this side of Ray. When we're together I feel like the only girl in the world. I wish it was always this way...

Bahja POV

I left after I helped Bre pick out an outfit for tonight. I thought Ray and Nique could use some privacy and I'm really starting to miss my Manny. I think I'm gonna call him and see if he wants to come over. As I dial his number, memories of that horrible night with DJ start playing in my mind. I don't know why this seems to happen so much lately. Manny is nothing like him and I'm so blessed to have him. I just hope he doesn't get tired of me. He agreed to come over so I ordered some takeout and picked out one of my favorite movies 'Thirteen'. As we cuddled on the couch I couldn't help but notice his lean, toned body. I could hear his heartbeat while my head laid on his chest. I sat up and looked at him.

"Baby I really do love you. I hope you know that."

He smiled and leaned in. Our lips met and fireworks went off in my head. Things got a little intense and the next thing I know I'm on his lap straddling his waist. I broke our kiss and stood up. I grabbed his hand to pull him up with me.

"Come on"

I said as I led him up to my room...