✧22✧

I dragged myself to my bedroom and decided to take a nap since it's better to be in the company of my dreams than my thoughts.

On the foot of my bed sat a tall boy with blonde shaggy hair. The color of his brown eyes deepened as he reached toward my fan to shut off the lights.

He wore a charcoal grey hoodie with basketball shorts, matching my outfit almost exactly.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me, a smile playing on his lips.
"Of course I do!" I gleamed, "why, are you scared?"
"Of your backyard, no. The woods? Maybe."
"Oh stop it!" I laughed, playfully slapping his arm. "What's so scary about the woods?"

"Oh I don't know," he wrapped himself in my thick, zebra printed sheets. "Maybe wolves?" He asked, shuffling closer to me.

"Or uh, snakes?" I teased, backing away from him, but the wall behind me kept me in my place.

"Or-or, maybe even.. bears?!" He yelled, tackling me underneath the blanket with him.

"Bears are scary." I whispered, our faces so close I could feel his hot breath on mine.

"Sometimes they're cute though." He whispered, a smirk tugging on his lips.

He knew exactly what I was going to say.

"Yeah, yeah. Cute like you bab--"

He cut me off by smashing his lips into mine. His fingers pressed into my back, bringing me closer to him, and mine tousled his dirty blonde hair.

I pushed him away for air, throwing the blanket off the bed to inhale more oxygen. "I love you." He smiled genuinely, kissing my cheek before settling down on the opposite side of the bed.

"I love you too." I said, rolling my eyes, a smile painted on my lips. "When are we going?" I asked impatiently.

"In a bit, let me just check the weather." He said, getting up from my bed. I sighed heavily, but followed him into the living room, trying to cling on to his back.

He grabbed the remote, then plopped onto the cold, brown, leather couch. Pressing a few buttons to reveal the news.

"--today. The flare is spreading and worsening. More and more people are being diagnosed everyday; this could possibly be the end of mankind. The disease engulfs the brain entirely, and eventually turns victims into blood thirsty--"

The blonde immediately shut off the t.v., his eyes still glued to the screen. Shock takes over his expression and he looks completely hopeless.

"Hey," I whisper, my head leaning on his chest, feeling his heart beat rapidly. "I'm scared."

He fixes his gaze toward me and smiles, but I can tell it's fake.

"It's gonna be alright love."

------
AYE I REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER TOO. WAS THE BOY BEN OR NEWT?? THIS IS BASICALLY A DREAM-FLASHBACK THING. I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE 9K READS THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL. KEEP YOURSELVES SAFE AND NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT AND IF ANYONE TELLS YOU OTHERWISE I WILL PERSONALLY FEED THEM TO THE GRIEVERS. ILYG!!❤️
I have a question, I've been thinking about being homeschooled..what do you guys think?