Movie Date

Melanie's POV

It's been almost a month since I talked to Dom. Ever since he said he needed to pay attention to his daughter and not have distractions. By distractions I mean me. Right now I'm in my living room watching the food network, then my phone starts to ring.
"Hello?"
"Hey Mel I was wondering if you were free tonight so I can take you to the movies for a date?"
"Oh sure yeah movie date it is."
"Okay great I'll pick you up at 6."
And with that I hung up the phone. Evan and I have been spending a lot of time together. It's been fun there isn't no drama or anything like that. But the thing I had with Dom I probably will never have with Evan. He is the type of guy that is always nervous and always second guessing himself. Like he would always question himself if he should kiss me or not. Dom was never like that Dom always wanted to kiss me and he would do it at random times. Like if he had food in his mouth he would kiss me or if I had food in my mouth. That's one of things I loved about Dom. Anyways I should probably head up to the shower bc Evan is going to be here in 2 hours. After a 20 mins shower I picked out what I was going to wear. I'm going to wear ripped denim jeans with a white top. And a tan blazer with black sandals, and my Gucci bag. I decided to straighten my hair and put on some light makeup. After almost 2 hours I was finished and took a selfie then I posted it on Instagram. I got a lot of likes and comments saying that I looked hot/beautiful. The thing that surprised me was that Dom actually liked the picture and commented gorgeous. When I read that I heard a car honk and I'm assuming it's Evan. When I walk out I don't see Evan but I see Dom's car driving away. Then I look towards his front door it's Bella with Alexandra waving goodbye to him. I was so lost at looking at them I didn't hear Evan pull up into my drive way. We started driving to the movie theater but then there was a strange sound coming from the engine. He managed to pull up into the car garage. Then left to go talk to the mechanic telling what happened with his car. I got out the car and waited inside building. At my surprise I see Dom leaning over a car wearing like this big onesie but it was covered in oil.
"Dom you work here?" when I asked the question he turned around. And his buttons weren't buttoned so he was showing his six pack covered in oil. I haven't seen anything so sexy in my life.
"Yeah. I gotta support my baby girl." when he said baby girl I thought he was referring to me but then I remembered he had a daughter. He continued the convo.
"What are you doing here?"
"Oh um Evan's car was making this weird sound in the engine."
"Where's the car maybe I can fix it."
"Um no Dom it's fine we already have this old man looking at it."
"Melanie just let me look at it okay." My heart melted when he said my name. I went to show him the car, then him and the old man were talking about stuff I couldn't understand.
"Evan, Melanie your car won't be ready by tonight. I have to fix a lot of things in the engine. Evan if you want to know what I'm talking about I can tell you all this stuff you won't understand so you guys have to find a ride home."
"Dom would you mind taking me home?"
"Mel I have to work on your boyfriends car."
"I can wait I'm not going to be doing anything at home."
"Okay fine you can stay. I won't stay long I have somewhere else to go for today then I'll take you home." I agreed and Evan left walking home. The reason why I wanted to stay was bc I wanted to spend more time with Dom. I miss him.. I miss everything about him. I think I made a mistake by running away and tonight I'm going to try and make it right.
Dom and other people who work in the garage started to push the car inside the building to work on it I guess. After they pushed the car they all left and left Dom to work on the car. He took of the sleeves of his coveralls and tied it around his waist.
"How's basketball going Mel?"
"It's going good. We might go undefeated for this season then hopefully go to state."
"That's good to hear. I have no doubt about it you guys will make it."
"Thanks. So Dom wanna teach me about cars."
"You want to learn about cars?" He says at the end chuckling.
"Yes I can't just always trust a mechanic to do it."
"Well if your boyfriend knew how to fix cars you wouldn't have to worry."
"He isn't my boyfriend. And do I hear jealously."
"Yeah you do. How would you like it if the girl you know your supposed to spend the rest of your life with came into the garage you worked with a date and having to fix her dates car." he said while turning to me looking into my eyes.
"You didn't have to fix it."
"But I am bc I'm the only good mechanic here." after he said that he turned back to the engine of the car. Then I walked towards him pulled his face to mine and kissed him. He immediately dropped the tools in his hand and kissed me back. He picked me up and sat me on another car. He started to move his hands to my face and cupped my face. I had one hand on his side and another on his chest. We were making out for what fell like forever and I didn't want to stop. But he pulled away I'm guessing to get air which I needed as well.
"We can't do that again Mel."
"Why not?"
"Bc you told me you don't want anything to do with me. And you can't just tell me that and then kiss me the way you did."
"Dom I still love you. I never stopped." After I said that Dom just looked into my eyes, then pulled me into a kiss. This kiss was filled with so much passion and love but was interrupted.
"Melanie what are you doing.?!" We both turn to see Evan looking at us. Dom stepped away from me to let me hop off the hood of the car we were just making out on.
"Evan I'm sorry."
"Your sorry?!. What the hell Melanie I thought we had something good here."
"I'm in love with him Evan. I've always been in love with him."
"No I won't accept that. I'm taking you home lets go!" He grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the building. This reminded me of Trevor and I got terrified thinking it was Trevor pulling me. Next thing I know I hear Dom yelling at Evan. Evan is on the floor and Dom is hovering above him.
"YOU DONT EVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON HER AGAIN OR IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" With that Dom grabbed my hand not as hard as Evan did, then put me into his car. We drove away leaving Evan there and my purse.
"Dom my purse we have to go back."
"It's fine I'll get it tomorrow. I can't go back if I see him again I won't be able to control myself. I will hurt him if we go back."
"Okay Dom just relax okay." he had such a tight grip on the steering wheel I thought the steering wheel was going to break off. We were driving for what felt like an hour. We ended up at the hospital.
"Dom what are we doing here? Are you hurt? Does your hand hurt?"
"No Mel I'm fine I just have to get results from a doctor."
"Okay I'm going with you."
"No Mel this has nothing to deal with you."
"Dom I'm coming."
He knew I was being serious so he allowed me to come with. But before we started walked towards the hospital he went to the trunk of his car and took out clothes. He took off his coveralls, then put on a t-shirt with shorts and his roches. We started walking to the hospital and its like Dom knew exactly where he was going. We ended up in front of a doctors office.
"Mel stay here."
"No I'm coming in."
"Mel im serious I don't want to fight okay just stay here." I let him go in the doctors office. I looked around for somewhere for me to sit. I found a couple chairs and waited for Dom.

Dominic's POV
When I walked into the doctors office he greeted me and told me he had the results.
"Okay Mr. Moretti I'm sorry but the baby girl is not your daughter." he said it with a straight face. I always sorta knew she wasn't mine. But it's still heart breaking to think the little girl you've been taking care of for a month which doesn't seem like a long time. But to find out all those times I stayed up trying to put her back to bed was all for nothing.
"Mr. Moretti are you okay?"
"Am I okay. I just found out that the little girl living in my house isn't mine. How the hell would I be okay?!"
"Look sir you can still be her father okay. You don't have to leave. Be there for your baby girl." after he said that I walked out of the office taking the paper with the results.
"Mel lets go." I left without even looking back if Mel was catching up with me. I was walking pretty fast the only thing in my mind was the doctor saying Alex isn't my daughter. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even know I was standing in front of my car.
"Dom what happened?"
"My daughter isn't my daughter." after I said that I just let go I was crying and Melanie came to hug me. She is probably the only person I can cry in front of.
"What are you going to do?"
"I don't know I'm going back home and I'm talking to Bella. I'm going to need a huge favor from you Mel."
"Sure anything."
"Okay when I get home your coming with me. You're going to take Alex to your house bc I know I'm going to be screaming at Bella."
She agreed and he went inside the car. The car ride was silent not even the music was playing. I turned on the radio so Melanie won't feel awkward. First song to play was Love don't change by jeremih. This is mine and Mel's song, this is the song from our first date and the first time we made love. Mel and I started singing the song being with Mel made me forget that I had to go home and fight with Bella.
We got to my house we both got out the car and walked to the front door. I opened it and didn't see Bella or Alex. Then I heard someone coming down the stairs.
"Hey Dom your back. Woah your talking to Melanie again?"
"Where's Alex?"
"Upstairs I just put her down." I looked at Melanie and she knew she had to go get her. I haven't been able to look at Bella. When Melanie came down the stairs she had Alex in her arms sleeping. Before she left out the front door I kissed the top of Alex's head. I walked to the porch and was watching Melanie walk to her house. After she went inside her house I went to the living room where Bella was at. I handed her the paper with the results.
"So you found out?"
"What the hell is your problem! You made me believe she was mine. You made me fall in love with her!"
"Relax man okay damn."
"Who's the father? And don't tell me to relax what the fuck is wrong with you !"
"You killed the father."
"What?!"
"Yeah remember Sergio Campo your gang rival. I had sex with him the same night I had sex with you."
"I killed Alex's father." I said in a whisper.
"Okay well I guess I'm going to leave I'm taking Alex with me."
"You are not taking her."
"You aren't even blood related to her you have no right Dom."
"I don't care your not taking my daughter. You don't have a job how are you going to support her?"
"I'm going to Sergio's parents house they welcome me with open arms I'm going there."
"YOU'RE NOT TAKING MY DAUGHTER!"
"Watch me."

Authors note
Hey guys ! So Dom isn't the father that's sorta of a good thing but it really isn't bc Bella is taking Alex away from him. I'll try and post one more chapter this weekend. I highly recommend you listen to Love don't change by jeremih!!! It won't let me put it up on here so yeah listen to the song 😊Anyways thanks for reading !!!!!