He’d grabbed her by the arms and threatened that if she ever opened her mouth about what she’d over heard to anybody, he’d personally make sure that she and her father were together in where ever the hell the SOB’s went when they died. She’d quickly shook her head and by the amount of fear that emanated from her eyes, he knew that she’d never tell a soul. He was sure of that. Until now.

She’d gotten braver. More outspoken since he’d found her. He still saw the fear and contempt that she held for him in her eyes but lately he noticed a hint of defiance and it made him want to keep her near twenty-four seven just to keep her in line.

In fact, he would do just that.

When she came back –because if he had to go out and find her, it won’t be pretty—she was quitting that damn at the hospital. If she annoyed him about going back to work at any point, she’d be working for him and only him. And she wouldn’t have a choice; he’d never given her any for this specific reason. She knew that no matter where she went, he’d find her. Being part of one of the wealthiest families in the East coast, he knew that there was little to nothing that he couldn’t get away with and so did she.

Every time he was accused of anything whether a murder or being head of the drug trade in Miami, he’d simply deny it and the feds would sweep it under the rug. He was basically unstoppable and his fiancé going to the cops with complaint about anything wasn’t going to change that. Who’d believe anything she said? So he’d wait for her to come back and he’ll be sure to remind her of who she was really dealing with.

Though, as hard as it is to believe, he did love Machayla at some point. It wasn’t until she moved in with him that that love started turning into something that he’d no name for. He always had a dominate streak to him but it didn’t start to unravel until he started living with her. Most would say that it was her doing. That she was the reason why he was such a domineering person. But Mason knew better.

Mason knew that he loved to prey on those who were weaker than he was. If the world was a jungle then he was the lion. He was power hungry and he was well aware of it. Always have been. But what actually set him apart from the other power hungry people in this world was that he knew he was and he embraced the fact that he, Mason Scott, was an evil and sadistic son of a bitch who just didn’t give a damn. Turning with an annoyed scowl wrinkling the space between his eyebrows, he headed into the kitchen where Eddie’s screams were getting louder and louder. It was time to shut him up.

                “Bring her back! Bring her back right now Tabitha or I swear to god almighty…!”

“Watch your tone Mills. I don’t take to anybody yelling at me or giving me commands.”

“Yeah, unless it’s from my brother, right?” Jason snapped over the phone. They were all standing in front of the hospital’s entrance due to rushing outside, expecting to find the two girls in deep conversation about Jason after Victor came back with news that Machayla and Tabitha were outside “talking”.

All eyes –minus Brandon’s immediate family who were slumped in their chairs fast asleep—fell on Jason as it dawned on the crew the hilarity of his sudden predicaments. No man ever wanted his ex of any kind cozying up to his new love interest no matter what the situation was. Despite their somber mood, they cracked a mocking smile as Jason’s eyes widen ten folds and he quickly made his way out of the waiting room and down to the front of the hospital.

The crew didn’t hesitate to follow as they tried their best to hold in their laughter. Carter, who saw this coming the second he laid eyes on Tabitha and realized that she’d returned, had a huge grin plastered on his face as his brown eyes glint with amusement.