Chapter 12

I don't like this chapter. Not really. Especially not the middle. It's small and is just not right. I like the end though. The rest feels "meh" and flat. I blame the writer's block I had half way through. I have some idea as to the next chapter but this one I really don't like.

"There one path to peace... your extinction."
Tony woke up gasping. He could still hear Ultron's voice as he mocked them, as he tried to destroy everything they stood for and nearly succeeded. And knowing it was all his fault. What was that saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Those words had never rung truer.
~
Once the dust had settled down and everyone actually had a second to think of the battle and how many times they nearly died, Wanda launched herself at Percy who stumbled back in surprise, wrapping her arms around him in a bone crushing hug. "You saved Pietro."
Percy shrugged, uncomfortable. "Yeah of course I did, it isn't really that big of a deal. We all saved each other at some point."
Wanda shook her head. "It is a very big deal for me. Pietro is everything for me, the only one I have left. All my life everyone has left, he is the only one I'm used to relying on."
Percy gave a small smile before hugging her. "He's not the only one you have left anymore. Now you have assassins, gods, geniuses, supersoldiers and whatever the hell you can classify Tony as. I know something about being alone and you won't be anymore. Not while I can do anything about it."
~
Glaring at the file Hill had placed in front of him, Bucky began to truly appreciate demigod wars where he didn't have to deal with the completely anticlimatic aftermath of battles provided by SHIELD. He could sum his part up in a couple of sentences, why did he have to write up a report? The first half of the battle he had found a nice high building which was relatively well protected from the drones and was living up to his well-earned title of best sniper of the Howling Commandos. Then he was kicking ass with Steve after he ran out of ammo. Besides Steve was taking ridiculously unnecessary risks. Honestly, 70 years and he still hadn't learned anything worth a damn. Oh no, comes out of the ice and gets himself thrown straight into another war. At least now he gave as good as he got.
Anyway, he finished off helping Loki with evacuation and destroying a couple more drones. And there was his part. Was it really necessary to mention every damn detail?
No he didn't know how many bullets he used! Besides, it wasn't like he only stuck to guns. Grenades went a long way when you were facing a bunch of drones who were relatively close together. And he honestly didn't care whether he used 5 or 20 of them. Besides, it wasn't as if he would do more than just go down to the armoury and get more ammo. Tony was always adding more to it so did he really have to mention every stupid insignificant detail? Yes he kicked ass with Loki, yes he stopped Steve from killing himself a couple times because he didn't know when to stop. Of course he met up with his brother and helped him.
Any more information required? If so, please refer to the internet, and the many videos online which were taken of them in action. Oh, and not to forget the speculation on if they were mutants or experiments. Snorting at some of the ridiculous theories Stark regaled them with, his only reply to them would have been "a bit of both." Hades, people were crazy.
~
In the month after Ultron they all fell into a sort of routine. Steve, Natasha and Bucky began with training the newbies and Percy started to focus on developing his powers. Since the mist was "screwed to Hell and back" as Clint had so nicely put it, Tony had a sort of gym built with SHIELD where they all could practice their powers without the interference of mortals or reporters. Tony being Tony went totally overboard with it. Not that anyone expected anything less but...
There was a 50m swimming pool. A specific area not covered in concrete so Percy could practice making earthquakes and Pietro could run if he wanted to. For Wanda's telekinesis, there were a variety of objects of various sizes and weight. He had devoted an entire section to hand to hand combat, with punching bags and even a boxing ring. Hell, there was even a shooting range fully equipped with all manner of guns and a ton of arrows in case Clint happened to drop by. Which he did, almost every day without fail.
Another corner was set up with training dummies, asgardian and greek armour and all manner of swords and daggers. Loki already challenged Percy to a friendly duel, a challenge he gladly accepted. That would definitely be interesting.
When they first walked in, Percy turned around to face Clint. With a perfectly straight face, "I don't recall being told we were going to start training for the hunger games."
Clint shrugged. "What's the difference? Either way we kick ass and look amazing while doing it."
Percy nodded in agreement. "Well obviously, that goes without saying. But wow, does Tony always go this overboard?"
Clint nodded. "That's a mild way of describing it. According to him, if he can, there's no reason why he shouldn't. It's best to just go with it and expect the unexpected when it concerns Tony."
~
Prometheus sighed. Dealing with mortals had to be amongst the most trying experiences of his immortal life. Hydra was an organisation that was the least infuriating, to be quite honest. Their foresight was truly brilliant for mortals, and of course, as the titan of foresight, he greatly appreciated Hydra's efforts.
Of course, he did not depend on Hydra alone, he had a few other 'projects' underway and allies who were gathering him a nice little army. Well, he said little.
Monster activity was decreasing. Not enough to raise suspicions of course, but enough to lure the demigods into a false sense of security before he struck. And strike he would.
To be honest, Kronos was an ass, but he was an ass who knew what was what. The gods were world class jerks, most of whom didn't even care about their children until Percy's demand after the second Titan War. A demand which shouldn't have been necessary, but was. He figured it was about time for a regime change. The gods may not have understood why so many of their children rose against them, but it was only a matter of time before it happened again. And who better than to begin the new age than the titan of foresight? Would there even be anyone better?
His one true regret would be Percy Jackson. A worthy ally, the only one truly capable of seeing the world in all its horror and still being able to not only hope for the best, but make it happen. There truly would have been no better recruit. Percy had a habit of being inspirational without even knowing it, but unfortunately, the son of Posiedon was unshakable in his morals and nothing would sway him. Pity, but for things to change there must always be a sacrifice. And if that had to be Percy Jackson, so be it. This was a game of kill or be killed, and Prometheus prefered Earth over Tartarus any day.