Chapter 2

"So let me get this straight," Percy began. "You're a demigod son of Apollo who works for SHIELD. You were recently captured by Hydra and you escaped only to find SHIELD in shambles, your Director missing and someone you thought dead until relatively recently having taken over command, who ordered you to recruit me?"

"Yeah that's just about it, except our director is more pretending to be dead than actually missing. Also he wants to meet you so he'll be at the debriefing."

"Ok... But I'm still not sure what you want from me. I mean, yeah I'm a demigod but I'm only 19! I can't even go to a bar and legally buy a beer! Why would a super secret organisation be interested in me?"

"Kid, first of all, yes you're a demigod. We're practically adults by the time we hit 15. Second, SHIELD recruited me at 20 not even knowing about my demigodness, I doubt that it's too much trouble for them to recruit you. Third, you're a living legend that actually lives up to legend, why the Hades wouldn't they want you?" Clint exclaimed. Of course the the one thing that wasn't exaggerated by the rumor mill was Jackson not knowing his own worth. Go figure. "Besides, SHIELD has wanted you ever since we saw you that day in Manhatten fighting the Chitauri. With a SWORD. Dude how have you not been caught yet? I'm sure at least a dozen cameras caught you in action and at least 5 survived the attack. And please don't say the mist because that's been screwed ever since Thor showed up."

"I honestly have no idea. Dumb luck? I'd say the fates must like me but I somehow doubt that all things considered. " Percy said, his voice fading by the end as he appeared to be lost in thought.

"Well," Clint said, interrupting his train of thought. "I'm all patched up and you don't appear to be busy, let's roll. We need to get to get to base and debrief you and I wanna get my bow back. Coulson confiscated it after my latest round of terrifying newbies. Jerk. I had to use my backup bow for a week!"

Percy wasn't sure if he should laugh or pinch himself to check if this was real and not a dream. He settled for pinching himself, waiting to wake up in bed. Nope. It was all real. He really was in his kitchen putting away his first aid kit listening to Clint Barton ramble on about his bow. As if his life couldn't get any weirder. He already hear Apollo and Hermes laughing their asses off. Great.

~line break~

Percy parked his bike in front of a tall building which Barton claimed was the NY base, and waited for the man in question to show up. He had said he'd catch his own ride and texted him the coordinates. Thank Zeus monsters were so terrified of him that, with the exception of a few, they didn't come within a five mile radius of him so it was perfectly safe for him to use a cellphone.

Clint showed up five minutes later in a Chevy Impala. Not just any Chevy Impala, mind you, but the only one that would have girls within a ten mile radius swooning. It was a '67 midnight black muscle car, purred like a kitten, albeit a loud one, and was blasting Back in Black. Yep. He literally had an exact copy of Dean Winchester's car from Supernatural. Of course he did.

As Clint exited the car Percy imitated Joker's slow clap from the Dark Knight showing him exactly what he thought of his ride. "Well you certainly take 'go big or go home' to another level."

"Shut up it's an awesome car and anyway, I'm borrowing it."

"From who Stark? He's the only one I can think of who would get an exact model right down to the license plate."

"As a matter of fact, yes, I did. Now move it, we're late and you do not wanna see Fury pissed."

~line break~

After being led through a maze of corridors they finally reached what appeared to be the debreifing room. Bracing himself before entering, because super secret spy organisations interested in you? Never a good idea.

It was actually quite... disappointing to be honest. Just a boring table with some equally boring chairs. You couldn't exactly say the same about the man inside though.

Director Fury stood before him, dressed in a long black coat, holding a file and wearing an honest to Zeus eyepatch. He didn't look to happy though and was glaring at him through his one good eye as he spoke.

"Perseus Jackson. Father: registered as unknown, to those aware, the Greek god Posiedon. Mother: Sally Jackson, now Blofis. Expelled from 8 schools for various misdemeanours such as blowing up the school bus, got your GED from Goode High School, 'kidnapped' at age 12 and witnessed handling a gun and a sword expertly. Went missing at age 16 for eight months, before being sighted in Sanfrancisco, Alaska, Rome and Greece. Occasionally going completely off radar before being sighted in Manhatten fighting the Chitauri with a sword. Am I forgetting anything?"

Clint whisted long and low. "Kid, with a track record like that I'm almost surprised you weren't brought in on charges of terrorism."

"I'm actually a little surprised myself. Did you guys really compile that much on me?"

"Believe me kid, this is nothing. You probably have the thinnest file of all of SHIELD's watch list."

"Once you're done Barton, I wouldn't mind talking to Mr Jackson. Also I believe Agent Coulson still has your bow." Fury interrupted dryly.

"Why do I feel like you're still angry about the eyepatch thing? You are, aren't you? Well anyway kid, that's my cue. Good luck. Try to survive this cos having you around is definitely gonna be interesting."

So that's a wrap people! I really hope you like this! So I'm sorry if there were too many dialogues but quite a bit of info was given. Clint was recruited at age 20 and he left camp at 18 so the two years in between leave way for some of Marvels original storyline to take place. Personally I see him as more Roman than Greek but he's been to both camps. Also I gave my own reason as to why he wasn't in cap 2 so yeah. And btw the Giant War will have taken a year and there will be a crap ton of cannon divergence because Blood of Olympus was a terrible excuse for a book I'm sorry. And I hope you find why Percy can use phones an acceptable reason. Please note I am making this up as I go except for some basic things so input ideas and reviews are always welcome. Thanks

Also, the eyepatch thing is a reference to my other fic where Tony and Clint dye Fury's eyepatch pink.

Btw I update first to fanfiction.net. I am generally also much more motivated to put it up there. Blame yourselves because I get practically no comments or anything and over there I got like 32 follows in a week.