Chapter 9

So this chapter started out as something that a reviewer on ff.net asked for and became something else entirely. I'm sorry I swear I didn't mean for it to turn out the way it did. I should warn you I cried while writing the second part and scared myself. Literally after and while writing it I was going holy shit wtf am I writing. I'm so sorry. Umm it's actually kinda gruesome. Just thought I should warn you.

Umm btw I read a tumblr post about Slytherin loyalty vs Hufflepuff loyalty, and that Slytherin would be all damn everything else, forget the world, the only thing that matters is saving their friend. They used Steve and Bucky as an example because of the way Bucky jumped from the hellicarrier thingy to save Steve. If you think about it, that is Percy's kind of loyalty. He would destroy the world to save a friend.

Oh before I forget again I don't own anything except for the ideas and the ways I mess with cannon. I'm surprised no one's called me out on it yet.

"There are no heroes in war" Skulduggery Pleasant

Bucky jolted awake around 4 am covered in sweat. As much as he appeared to be fine, he still hadn't fully come to terms with all that HYDRA had made him do as the Winter Soldier. It wasn't just the fact that he had killed, even before HYDRA he had been a killer, a soldier. HYDRA just honed the monster already there and unleashed it. It was the fact that he did whatever it took to complete the mission, willing to sacrifice whoever or whatever he had to in order to do so. Shooting someone who was covering the target was no big deal. Just a minor inconvenience.

He was brought out of his thoughts by JARVIS' voice. "Mr. Barnes are you alright? You appear to be a bit stressed."

He waved off JARVIS' concerns. His problems were his to deal with and his alone. "Yeah I'm fine."

"In that case Mr Jackson appears to be experiencing a nightmare. You are the only one awake and as Mr Jackson is more familiar with you than anyone else in the tower, you are the most suitable choice." JARVIS said, his tone urgent.

Upon hearing the words "Jackson" and "nightmare" Bucky practically jumped out of bed. Demigod dreams were bad. Demigod nightmares? Vivid, long and excruciating.

"Which floor?"

"Mr. Jackson is on the 96th floor. I would advise you to hurry, he appears to be growing more distressed by the minute."

Bucky didn't bother with an elevator, taking the stairs two at a time, mentally thanking Stark for placing him only two floors below Percy's. Upon reaching Percy's room and finding the door locked he didn't hesitate in practically breaking the door down as he heard Percy scream.

Inside Percy was thrashing on the bed, muttering names that held no meaning to the Soldier, but he figured they were pretty important to Percy, considering the way he was insisting he failed them. Damn. As much as he hated the idea of his little brother leading wars, he hated the fatal flaw factor even more. Sons of Posiedon generally shared the same fatal flaw, personal loyalty, and it looked like Percy was no different. Either way, Percy had to wake up now, or more like ten minutes ago.

Waking up Percy was far harder than it should have been, it was as if Morpheus himself kept him sleeping. When the usual shaking and yelling his name didn't work, he formed a ball of water from the water vapour in the air and unceremoniously dropped in on Percy's head.

~Nightmare~

Percy was fighting like a demon, surrounded by his friends. He felt a glimmer of hope as he brought down a hellhound and stabbed a cyclops. Riptide was an arc of destruction no monster could escape that day and with his friends by his side he had never felt more invincible as he had that day. But it was just one of many battles. Gaea had indeed risen, but had yet to do more than send her children to fight her battles for her.