Chapter Four

Slight cliff-hanger at the end :) So you met Cayden, the mystery girl Sophie's boyfriend. So what do you think about him so far? So I've been thinking about starting a new story that I really want to write, but I realized I need to get farther in my other stories first and probably finish my other one. 

-Mick xoxo

RECAP:

“Oh. Hey Cayden. What’s up?” I said casually, wondering why he wanted to talk to me.

“Nothing much. Just getting ready to punch this dick who hurt my girlfriend.” He said venom dripping from his words.

I nodded slowly, “Oh. Cool. Well hit him hard. He deserves it since he messed with your girl.”

He nodded at me and smirked a little, “Oh don’t worry. I will.”

Before I could blink his fist flew up to my face and hit me straight on. The light dimmed around my eyes for a split second as I rocked back on my heels and I briefly wondered one thing.

Why would Sophie date him

Chapter 5

My next thought was...

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

 and

He's got a nice punch.

I rocked back on my heels, almost falling backwards, absorbing the punch surprisingly well despite the fact that I had no idea it was coming. I wiped the back of my hand across my lips to get rid of the blood that was coming out and looked at Cayden,

"What the fuck, man? What was that for?" I yelled at him, while he stood there with his fists clenched by his side, looking ready to punch me again. 

"That was for making my girlfriend cry this morning! Never fucking touch her again or you will regret it!" He yelled, getting in my face. I felt my eyes turn a deep red from anger behind my sunglasses and I pushed him away, sending him sprawling into the desk.

"I didn't mean to hurt her asshole! I'm not fucking scared of you. You don't control me, I'll do whatever the fuck I want, Cayden." I yelled back at him. Who the hell does he think he is? He can't tell me what to do. My jaw clenches in anger and I scowl, wishing Blaine was in this class because he could get me out of this situation before I did something I would regret.

Cayden went to charge at me, but two of his friends grabbed him before he could get to me and pulled him back, telling him that getting in trouble and possibly kicked off the team wasn't worth it. He nodded his head in agreement, knowing they were right even if he didn't like it. I quirked an eyebrow at him and smirked.

"Watch your back, Dallas. I'm not done with you. I'm warning you, touch her and it will be the last thing you do." Cayden warned before turning around and sitting in a different chair. I glared at him in response, but sat down anyways not wanting to cause a further scene. Frowning in confusion, I turned around and looked towards the front of the classroom suddenly realizing that no teacher had yelled at us or broken us up. Our teacher, Mrs. Teels, walked in right as I looked up and it dawned on me that it was another one of the days she had walked out while no one was paying attention. She was known for always walking in and out of class. I guess that makes today Cayden and I's lucky day. Unless someone snitched, but most of the people in our school knew not to mess with my group or his, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Feeling eyes on the back of my head, I turn around in my seat and see Cayden glaring at me. I ignore him and turn back around. Sighing, I can't help but think, This is going to be a long day.

The rest of class passes in a blur, and when the bell rings I rush out of the classroom and into the hall, looking around over the top's of everyone's head for a certain familiar face. I spin around when I heard that familiar face's voice instead and see her standing next to Cayden. I scowled and fought to control my anger. Cayden looked over and glared at me before pulling Sophie against himself. Annoyance flashed across her face for a second, but then it disappeared and was replaced by anger and a little bit of something else as she looked at me. Cayden turned her around by grabbing her waist and leaned down and pulled her in for a long kiss.

Shaking my head in anger, I went to turn around, but was surprised when I saw her push him away and yell at him, "What the heck, Cayden? You know I hate PDA. Stop trying to prove you're manhood by making out with me in the middle of the hall." She shook her head in anger and disgust before walking away from Cayden and to her next class. Shock and anger crossed Cayden's face as he stood there without saying anything. He shook his head before walking in the opposite directions with a couple of his basketball buddies. I walked away and headed towards my next class which was English. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the back of her head, taking in every inch of her that I can, while sitting at the back of the classroom. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing out of annoyance. When does this class end? I just want to get out of here already. I hate knowing that she is in here and not knowing what she is going to do and wanting to talk to her, but not being able to. It's killing me.

Mr. Ramos, the English teacher, was going on about some project we have to do that's worth a quarter of our grade and I tuned him out when he started talking about...well anything. There's no point. I've listened to speeches like his plenty of times before and I'm really sick of anything related to school. Blaine's probably the only one that keeps me sane. If I didn't have him to talk to about all this I would probably kill someone. Literally. I want to tell Sarah, but I'm not sure how that would really turn out considering I would sound like I belong in a mental asylum. 

Mr. Ramos calls out my name which snaps me out of my thoughts, "Mr. Knight, would you care to explain what your project is?" I look around shortly, hoping someone might help me out, but everyone just stares at me waiting for my answer.

"Well, Mr. R, you know I just love hearing you talk. So why don't you just tell me again?" I said, laughing slightly. Mr. Ramos just shakes his head and looks back down at his papers.

"It's a good thing I like hearing myself speak as well, otherwise I might have gave you a detention for spacing out in my class, Mr. Knight. Everyone will be assigned a partner. No, you can not pick your partner, I will be drawing sticks to see who is with who." Mr. Ramos said, everyone groaning at not being able to pick their own partners. 

"Your project is a fifteen page essay over what your life would be like if a major detail or prospect was different in it. I expect you all to actually try on this considering it is a quarter of your overall grade. Here's the twist, kids. Your essay won't actually be over your life. It will be about what your partners life would be like if that major detail is different. You pick the detail in your life and they pick their's and then you write how you think the other person's life would be different. This means you are going to have to spend some time with your partner and get to know them." Mr. Ramos finished. Everyone looked to be somewhat in shock and mostly worried. All the students were looking around the room at some of their possible partners. Some of the girls were looking at me and smiling flirtatiously and winking and I grimaced before looking away. I truly did not want to get stuck with someone who was a slut. I'm not that type of guy. I don't just screw any girl that throws herself at me. Mr. Ramos started naming off the names of the partners, and I tuned him out waiting for him to call my name.

"Knight and...Sinclair." I looked around the room, wondering who's last name was Sinclair since I didn't recognize it. I looked to the front of the room and my eyes land on the girl who terrified and intrigued me at the same time and I realized she was shaking her head while picking up her books.  No. It couldn't be her. This would seriously be just my luck. I watched as she turned around and started walking back towards me and didn't stop till she put her books on the table next to mine.

Sophie slowly turned to face me with her face a blank slate, unreadable. "What the hell was that this morning, Knight?"

I dropped my head on the table and picked it up again and dropped it again. Repeatedly.

I'm so screwed.

 There we go. Tell me what you think.

- Mick xoxo