Chapter 20: Darkness

I keep running despite the pain I feel in my chest because I can't face my problems anymore. Every time there is something good in my life, somebody comes and takes that away from me. It is like I am not allowed to ever feel happy. Tears are running down my face again. My vision gets blurry but I force my feet to keep moving. The streets of Mystic Falls are empty. It is so quiet, it hurts. I can't be left alone with my thoughts so I turn left to reach Jo's apartment. I ring the bell and Alaric opens the door. His hair looks a bit messy and his blue shirt is up to his hips. I roll my eyes when I realize what they were just doing before I came here. Jo appears behind him, looking surprised at me as her eyes are asking me why I am here. I take a deep breathe in so I will not start crying again.

" Kai...is...", I can't finish the phrase. When Jo notices the pause, she pushes Alaric away and embraces me into a hug.

" I am sorry to hear this", she tries to comfort me with words but this is not what I want to hear right now. I want him back, I want that idiot back. I slowly move away from her, without making eye contact.

" He is not dead. He is in 1903 prison world", I try to sound as calm as possible but my voice breaks. I look up at them and there is no emotion on their faces. No empathy, nothing. Silly me, I tell myself. I really thought they would feel sorry for Kai.

" Of course you do not care about him, I am being so stupid right now", I say laughing. My laughter masks my pain.

Jo opens her mouth to say something but I interrupt her:

" ADMIT IT OR NOT HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO KEPT ME FROM GOING CRAZY. AND GUESS WHAT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME NOW SINCE HE'S LOCKED AWAY? I WILL BECOME THE PERSON I AM AFRAID THE MOST SO SAVE YOUR STUPID EXCUSES FOR SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO HEAR THEM. GO BACK TO MAKING OUT.", I yell at both at them who just stare at me, without saying a word so I leave.

I am on the streets again, wandering around. Trying to do something in order to forget Kai. I pull out my phone and look through my contacts. A grin appears across my face when I see the name of Kol on my screen.

" You will so regret this, darling", I mimic his accent.

I call him and after two rings, he finally decides to pick up his phone.

" Darling? What a surprise", his voice sounds casual as always

I am quiet for a second. Maybe this was a terrible idea, I should not have called him. What if he is going to kill me this time? I touch my ribcage where I still have bruises from our last meeting.

" Quit the talking. Let's meet up", I quickly say

He accepts without even thinking. He invites me to his place and this is where I am heading now. I am front of a small Victorian house. From outside, it looks similar to his siblings' place. I unzip my leather jacket and check to see if I still have it. When I am sure it is there, I knock at the door. In the next second, Kol is staying in the doorway, wearing all black and with his smirk on his face.

" Oh, look who is here", he says sarcastic

As a response, I kiss him. Full of passion. To show him how much I need him. He kisses me back and closes the door with his foot. We do not break from the kiss while he guides me to the kitchen. Once there, I sit on the counter and wrap my legs around his waist, to bring him closer. He starts kissing my neck which earns him a small moan from me. He lets out a small laugh against my skin.

" After what I did to you, you still want to have sex with me?", he whispers in my ear and then bites it softly.

" You are the only one who can give me the time of my life", I moan.