Chapter 4: Not alone

I am in the woods trying to escape from this shadow which is keep following me. I am running as fast as possible and scream “LEAVE ME ALONE” but suddenly, my body stops. What is happening? My legs go numb, my arms feel like they are made out of plasteline. I feel how the shadow is close. I close my eyes, telling myself that it is just a nightmare. I count to three and when I open my eyes, Joshua Parker, the powerful leader of the Gemini coven is right in front of me. I try to say something but it seems like I swallowed my words. He has a grin of his face and then he starts chanting which makes my head hurt really bed, I put my hands to my temples trying to make it stop. I scream out in pain.

“ No” I yell and open my eyes. It was just a nightmare. I look around and notice that I fell asleep on a road in what It looks like a suburb. I squint my eyes trying to see if I recognize any of these houses. This is strange. I do not recognize this suburb, it does not look like it is in Portland. Then where am I? First of all, how did I get here? I remember being swiped away by a light. Maybe it was just a dream. Maybe I drank too much at Josh’s party and I got lost on the way home and I arrived in the nearby state. No, I remember getting at home after the party. I softly massage my temples trying to recall any events that took place yesterday. Images of being stabbed by my best friend, all the chanting and the Crowder coven flash in my head. I look down at my T-shirt checking to see if there is still blood. To my surprise, it healed and there is no sign of blood. Weird. I get up and walk along the street trying to find a clue where I can possible be. I start shouting “hello?” but no one answered. I spot this white small house, your typical suburb house. I go up to the door and knock. No answer. Maybe there is no one home. I continue doing this by going from door to door. Same thing. What is this place? I stop walking and have a look around. There is no one here besides me. Am I going crazy? I look up at the sky and it is a bright today but at the same time, it is too warm to be April. My eyes land on the newspaper which on the welcome mat at one of the houses. I pick it up and I have a shock. It says Mystic Falls News. How did I get here? This is so far from Portland. Out of all place, why Mystic Falls? The only person I know who lives here is Jo. Maybe this an abandoned suburb or I am just hallucinating. I scan for the date when the newspaper was published.

“ WHAT?” I scream.

It states “10th May 1994” in bold letters. I rub my eyes, hoping this is not true. It cannot be. I glance at the newspaper again. The date has not changed. I am stuck in 1994. But why?

“Do you people hate me that much that you had to send me to 1994? I was not even born back then.” I say out loud.

I decide to keep the newspaper and now the only opportunity for me to see what is happening is to explore this town. I keep walking until I reach what it looks as the center of Mystic Falls. It looks abandoned just as the neighborhood I came from. Weird. I give up on my research about this place for now because my stomach starts growling which means I have to find something to eat. I find this café and get myself a cup of coffee and croissant. I sit at one of the tables and look out of the window. It looks peaceful. Maybe this is how hell is supposed to look like. But why did they send me here? To prove what? That I am worthless? I try to focus on the design of my coffee cup so I will not start crying because this is exactly what they want to see at me, weakness. I need to stay strong. I will get out of here and move to NYC for college as I planned.

“NO!” I yell angry and smash the cup in the wall.

“ Ok, I know my coven is a bit crazy but Lucy? I am totally disappointed of her. Since when best friends literally stab each other?” I ask myself. Anger is overcoming me and I cannot control it. I want to kill all of them, including Lucy. She was just pretending to be my friend all of this time. How sick this coven can be? They put an insider to be friends with me and pretend at the same time that she is not related to this stupid supernatural world at all.