Chapter 8: Birthday girl

Hello lovelies! First of all, I want to apologize for the delay, I was supposed to post the chapter yesterday but I was super busy. I hope you guys will forgive me. It won't happen again, pinky promise. :)) Also, I am blown away by your positive feedback on my story. At the beginning, when I decided to post it here on Wattpad, I wasn't sure if people would like it and now...1.3k views...wow...I am speechless. All I want to say is: THANK YOU. <3

I am currently sitting on the sofa in the Parker’s living room with my hands tied. Kai got really mad for stabbing him and then running away. Eventually, he found me in the woods where I tried to fight him to let me go but before he came after me, he drawn all Jo’s magic from that knife which means he was powerful now. Since I am in this prison world, I have not seen him like this. Just thinking of the look he had on his face back in the woods, gives me shivers. He had the look of a crazy man on his face or someone who enjoys when sees the others being in pain. I sigh.

“ Ouch” I mumble

My ribcage and the rest of my body hurts from being pushed, stabbed but also from the different spells that were performed on me. I can feel the bruises on my body but also the fresh scar on my face hurts every time I use my facial muscles. There is mud in my hair from being dragged on the ground to here. I look down, I make a grimace at the way my clothes look, covered up in mud and dry blood.

Where did he go? It seems he read my mind because in the next minute, Kai is in the doorway, starring at me.

“What were you doing?” I simply ask

He takes this opportunity and sits down next to me. Moment where I am slowly moving away from him. Kai notices what I am trying to do and he comes closer until I do not have where to move anymore. Maybe he is right, I am forever stuck with him. I feel his breath which smells like mint, next to my ear. I hold my breath because I am terrified of what he can possible do to me now. Instead of torturing me as he did back in the woods, he kisses my earlobe. This is where I do not understand Kai. He likes to torture me but yet, he cannot keep his hands off me.

“ Sky, you know that I would never want to hurt you.” He whispers in my ear.

I laugh at the irony.

“ Why don’t you just kill me?” My voice is shaking.

All this time, I am trying to avoid making eye contact with him. Instead, I stare at the coffee table which is in front of us. He puts his thumb under my chin and makes me turn my face to him. I close my eyes because I do not want to see the pair of blue eyes that fooled me for so many times.

“ Abominations stick together, Sky” He responds and traces his thumb along my cheeks.

Tears are escaping from my eyes and running down my face. I cannot stand this situation anymore. I cannot play his games. What does he want from me? Why does not he kill me? To make my suffering lasts shorter.

“ Look at me, open your eyes, Sky” Kai says almost begging.

Slowly, I open them and see Kai sitting so close to me. Reading the look on his face, you could tell he almost feels remorse but I know that it is only an act for him. I try to be brave in front of him but in moments like this, I just break. I cannot stop the tears flowing down my face. Kai takes my arms which are both tied with a rope and cuts it with his pocket knife. I do something totally unexpected and hug him. He caresses my back while I am crying into his chest.

“ Why do you torture me? Why do you play your sick games with me?” I ask but the words come out more as a whisper.

“ Because I am afraid you will get to escape from the prison world and you will leave me behind.”