Chapter 5:

After putting the twins down for their nap, my parents, Lucy and I all sat down at the kitchen table to talk. I knew what was coming, too. They were going to interrogate me about why I left, why I kept them from their grandkids, why this, why that and they weren't going to stop until all of their questions were answered.

"So, what's new?" I asked, with a teeny tiny smile on my face. None of them looked impressed with my conversation starter.

"Rea what were you thinking?" my mother asked, beginning to get teary eyed yet again.

"About what?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end. My mother glared at me, looking over to my father for help.

"leaving Rea. What else?" My father said cutting into the conversation. My bottom lip began to tremble and I didn't know what to say. They stared expectantly at me waiting for an answer. Tears were building up in my eyes, and my palms were getting sweaty, so I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"I was scared! Chase and I were both young and neither of us even wanted kids. Chase was just starting out in his football career and if I brought in a baby to the mix, I would ruin everything for him. Football means the world to him. When I left I didn't even know if I was going to keep the baby, so why an earth would Chase want to keep the baby? I acted irrationally and way too quickly and I wish it didn't end up this way but I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry guys, I really am sorry, but just please understand why I did what I did," I was sobbing by the time I was finished talking and both of my parents and Lucy just stared back at me not uttering a single word.

Why weren't they saying anything?

It was making me nervous. Say something, anything!

"We could've helped you," Lucy said in a small voice. "We wouldn't have been angry or upset. We would've supported you and I'm sure Chase would've too. He loved you,"

"Well things are different now. He's happy and living his dream, that's all I wanted. It better this way. Me living here with Mason and Emmi, and him playing football without the responsibility of two toddlers,"

"I don't care what happened in the past. All I want is for you to be back in our lives," my mom sobbed, tears rushing down her cheeks. She threw herself at me, hugging me as tight as she could.

"Don't worry mom I'm not going anywhere," I said.

"Are you ever going to tell him?" My father asked, causing all of us to look towards him.

"I don't know. Maybe, if I feel the time is right,"

"You should tell him before the kids realize  that other kids have something that they don't. The longer you wait the more it'll end up hurting them,"

I guess he was right. Even though I didn't want to believe it, I knew that his words were true.

I never really thought about how much it would affect Mason and Emmi and they're the most important things in this whole mess.

"I'll tell him just not right now. I need some time to think of what I'm going to do,"

"You've had three years," he stated, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I know,"
-----
The day I reunited with my parents soon ended and the rest of the week carried on. My parents and Lucy called everyday, wanting to talk to the twins who were more than happy to talk too.

Lucy's wedding day approached in a blink of an eye and I couldn't be more happier to see her beautiful wedding. The only downside was that in order to get there in time and check into our hotel, we had to wake up early in the morning.