c h a p t e r n i n e

these next few chapters are about the 30 days before the expedition

again, i don't own the manga or the anime so obviously i don't own direct quotes

otherwise i'd be rich

and if i was, i assure i wouldn't be wasting my time on Wattpad, i'd be at an Exo or BTS concert

that, i can assure you

i mean, have you seen the music videos for War of Horomone, Boy in Luv, or Dope by BTS?

do iiiiittttttt

fifteen votes/views for a new chapter!

"Wait, so why aren't we training with you?" Sasha cried confused, while her fellow soldiers stood around her, looking confused as well.

Dita Ness laughed wholeheartedly. "I may be an expert with horses, but I am in no way an expert in 3-DMG or high-speed chases. Go to the training ground, your instructors will be there."

And with that, the man walked off, occasionally rubbing his head and cursing a certain horse for biting it again.

They watched him go off before Krista quietly said, "Well, I guess we better get going then."

Ymir nodded in agreement, and the two, along with the rest of their squad, headed towards the training ground.

However, many of them weren't happy when they saw who would be their instructor.

Standing in the middle of the grounds was Squad Leader Bloom and she didn't exactly look like she was enjoying herself either.

Mikasa growled slightly under her breath before taking a deep breath and scowling.

"Let's just get on with the class," she said, almost snarling and Armin glanced at her before nodding in agreement.

Kaelyn sighed and snapped together a folder and tucked it away into her jackets. As soon as she looked up, the assembled students were saluting sharply.

"Good morning, heichou!" They said in unison and Kaelyn simply waved them off.

"As you know from the ceremony and, for a select number of you," her eyes gleamed at the nine causing Jean to scowl, "last night, I am Squad Leader Bloom."

"For how many of you, 3-DMG was your best skill?" Mikasa, Jean, and others raised their hands and she nodded.

"You," Mikasa looked taken aback for a moment before scowling. "Get on your gear and get to the other side of this forest and back."

Mikasa's eyes widened before narrowing and before the others knew it, she was gone.

"Wow, she's so fast!"

"Look at her on her gear!"

"Wasn't she number one in their squad?"

The murmurings of cadets floated past Kaelyn's ears as she watched Mikasa disappear for two minutes, before zipping back and landing next to her.

"Hmm, a bit slow," Mikasa's eye twitched and she was about to hit the girl before what she said next, "But without a doubt the best one here."

Not only were the eight present last night to see Kaelyn and Mikasa's verbal dispute shocked, but Mikasa was as well.

Not because of her skill, but because of the appraisal.

Kaelyn tch-ed, slightly amused at the nine's reaction before turning back to the awed soldiers.