c h a p t e r t w o

five views/votes for a new chapter!

A bead of sweat traveled down the side Eren's face, be it from the roaring sun beating down on his face or from the intensity of Shadis' face.

Line by line, they had lined up in front of what looked to be.... Some sort of tripod swing.

Standing to the left, slightly behind of Shadis, stood the Bloom girl, dressed once more in her uniform.

The sunlight glinted off of her glasses, and only once she looked over at him and warmth filled his cheeks did he realize that he'd been staring.

Her eyes glinted in almost a condescending way before turning back forwards.

"Alright, we'll begin by determining your aptitude! If you can't do this, you can't even be bait!" He barked out.

So there he was, hanging upside down, with a group of snickering cadets crowded around him.

"Jaeger! What are you doing?! Straighten up!" Echoed a crouched Shadis.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he could faintly see the shadowy form of Bloom, and a frown could be clearly seen.

Damn it...

Soon, everyone cleared out and it was just him, Armin, and Mikasa.

"Do you want so-" Armin began before a voice cut him off.

"I'd be happy to, Arlert, so that the two of you may eat." Bloom said, resting her hand of Eren's shoulder and looking over at the two.

For a heart-stopping moment, the two girls gazed at each other, Mikasa's eyes narrowing and Bloom's staying ever calm.

"Fine," and she turned on her heel, Armin following behind, though he glanced back and forth every one and a while at the two.

She kept her hand of Eren's shoulder until the two were off and out of sight before she dropped it and stood in front of him.

"First of all, you did an awful job. In the field, if you performed that way, there could've been sixteen different ways to your demise! Always, always check your harness, idiot."

"Though, I've seen worse." Eren looked up, mouth agape at the girl who gave him a nod .

For the next half hour, she thought him how to get in the harness, how to keep his legs straight and head straight forwards.

A blush covered his face when she guided his face frontwards and glancing back after she'd let go, he was slightly put down to see that she looked completely stoic, even by the almost intimate gesture.

"So, got it down?" She stood before him with her hands on her hips and an arched eyebrow.

"Hai!" He called before remembering something. "I mean, hai, heichou!"

She scowled. "Please don't call me heichou, after all, I'm only a year older. In public, perhaps, but just here? It's Kaelyn. Kaelyn Bloom."

At first he was surprised before a grin enveloped his face. "Hai, Kaelyn!"

He walked back towards to quarters, with a smile on his face until he opened the door to a bunch of laughing cadets.

He stared off into space, clenching and unclench in his fist.

"I'm pathetic," he said, messing around with his food. "There's no way I can wipe them out like this...."

Mikasa stared away from him before apathetically staring, "You should just forget about that altogether."