Why Are They Here?

"Josh?" I asked scrunching my face in confusion.

"So it's true, you are pregnant. What's her name?" He asked admiring the baby in my hands.

"What are you doing here?" I said totally ignoring his question. Josh straightened up his posture and spoke.

"I heard you were pregnant, so I guess it's true. Who's the father? Is it me?"

I scrunched my face in even more confusion. "Of course not." I laughed now uncontrollably.

"Oh... Don't have to laugh about it." He said starting to blush embarrassingly.

"Ok.. Um.. Sorry. Now what are you doing here?" I asked him yet again.

"All of us came down. Adam, Riley, and Paisley. We heard you were pregnant. I defended you and said you would never be that stupid to get pregnant. But I guess I was wrong. Very wrong indeed." He said.

"Look if you're here to give me a lecture just save it." I snapped at him.

"Woah, someone's hormonal." He said teasingly. I marched back into my apartment not wanting to put up with anymore of this business, but he followed me behind and closed the door. "Is someone there?" Hailey asked me from the living room. "No!" I yelled back. "Get out now!" I hissed at him. "She can not know you or if you're here." I said in a hushed voice.
"We'll leave you alone if you just come and talk to us. Please. Just for a while." He asked pleadingly.

"When?" I asked questioningly.

"This afternoon. Please." He begged in a whisper.

"Where?"

"Outside this building then we could go anywhere you want and just talk." He said. I could hear Hailey's footsteps so I had to get rid of this boy.

"Ok fine, now go!" I hissed. He ran out and closed the door. Then I just acted natural by sitting at the marble table in the middle of the kitchen holding Arabella.

"Was someone there?" She asked.

"No just some kids playing Ding Dong Ditch probably." I lied.

"Oh right. Here let me take Arabella." Hailey said taking her from my hands. I made the baby food and fed Arabella.
An hour later I asked Hailey if she could watch Arabella for me later in the afternoon. She agreed with surprisingly no question as I had told her I needed to get some groceries. I started getting ready by wearing a big hoodie and Baggie pants, along with white sneakers. I kissed Arabella goodbye and promised not to be long. I took one of my very own black coats and was off leaving Hailey to take care of my baby and apartment.

"Glad you came." Josh smiled sweetly.

"Why are you guys here?" I ask, wanting to get this over and done with.

"Why are you being like this Kayla?" Riley asked me in confusion.

"Because you don't just, all of a sudden come and corrupts a persons life all of a sudden. What do you want?" I said folding my arms.

"Guys lets go, I don't care about this nigga anymore." Paisley said, all of are heads turned to her now.

"Paisley? W-why are you like this?" I asked shocked at the girl I once used to know. But clearly not as much anymore.

"Shut up bitch! You don't own me." She said. Then she pushed me and I pushed her back trying to do it harder. Then she started lounging herself at me, swinging at me but missing, thanks to my killer reflexes. Then the guys came in and separated us.

"Look, I'm going home. Bye." I said just not even bothering to care about what I was here for.

"No no no. Stay. We wanted to talk to you about something. We ran away, ok? We want to travel around the world, and take you with us." Josh said.

"You crazy?! You know I have a baby, why would you still ask me to run away with you?" I asked, in complete utter shock.

"Look, you have a baby yes? And you couldn't of just left that baby up in your apartment alone, could you? You clearly have someone that would take care of her. Wouldn't you just kill to leave this all behind and explore the world on a never ending road trip. All of this must be stressful right? Then run away. Clearly the father doesn't care so why should you? Come on, join us." Josh said very persuadingly.

He did have a point. Very good point. And a very good offer. I mean everything was so frustrating. I had a baby, yes, but not even the father cared for her. I think maybe even if I didn't want to go road tripping forever, I could always fly back home to California. But my daughter. Would she be better off without us? Us as in her parents? I don't think Arabella deserves such a wreck of a parent like me.

I sighed and took a deep breath. "Yes I'm in. When do we leave?"

They all grinned at me. "Now." Riley answered wrapping an arm around me, smiling deviously.

"Looks like the gang is back." Paisley said.

"Welcome to the club, teddy bear." Adam grinned at me.

Author's Note: Bum bum bum! What do you think of Kayla running away?