Meeting Superman

So hi guys,
Just want to say hope you enjoy.
Robin is six
So yeah ...
Now onto the story.

When Clark Kent first heard of Bruce Wayne taking in an orphaned circus kid he thought the media had gone wild with rumours. Again.

When Superman heard the rumours about Batman getting a sidekick, some kind of bird - Sparrow? Crow? No, Robin! He started to get suspicious.

After all both Bruce and Batman gaining a kid, that could not in anyway be a coincidence. So he decided to investigate. Which unfortunately meant going to Gotham; which the Dark Night protected; who hated metahuman heroes in his city (something about already having enough crazies).

So yeah maybe not his best plan.

Superman searched high and low through all the dark streets and alley ways. Wow, Gotham was a dark and crime ridden city. A faint thud came from behind him, he quickly spun around only to face the very person he had come to see.

Batman. Yay. (Can you hear the sarcasm? Why was he doing this again? Oh yeah, tiny child sidekick).

"What are you doing in my city, you know the rules, no metahumans in Gotham." The Dark Night grunted sounding like he wanted to shove some kryptonite up a place where the sun doesn't shine. Superman was honestly a little impressed, that was the most he had heard the Bat speak at one time in ages, it was usually all grunts or 'no'.

"I came to see if the rumours were true." The blue boy scout announced trying to sound brave. He had planned to continue when the Bat seemed unlikely to say anything but was interrupted by another dull thud. It came from behind Batman as a shadowy figure jumped down from the same dark roof top the Bat had come from.

"Hey Bats, who's... Wait is that Superman?" The child, for he was far to small to be anything else (and god alive he was tiny) asked, sounding as if he already knew the answer to his question.

"Superman, meet my partner Robin...Robin this is -"

"Superman AKA Clark Kent." Robin cut through confirming his previous theory.

Batman turned to look at the boy, Robin.

"Have you been hacking my files again?"

"Nah, I just hacked the Justice League's." Sounding as if he did this everyday. "You really need to upgrade your system it was easy to hack into."

Wait... did this kid who seriously couldn't be older than seven (and that was a stretch), have hacked into the Justice League's systems! The files which were very well protected. Batman simply gave a small almost unnoticeable sigh, yet to Robin he gave a hidden smile saying he was proud of him.

"Bruce... how could you? He's just a kid, one of the people we protect. What gave you the insane idea to - ." He was cut off by said kid.

"Hey! I'm six and what gives you the right to shout at Bruce."

Robin stepped closer so that Superman had a clearer look at him.

He was tiny, even for a six year old, had a mop of shiny black hair and his costume was drastically different to the Dark Night's black costume. The kid was a traffic light with a cape and cute little pixie boots.

Overall the kid was plain adorable.

He also had a black mask with white covering his eyes. A domino mask was the only thing protecting his identity (not that he could really talk all he did was wear glasses as a civilian - but hey, it worked).

Batman gave a loud sigh obviously annoyed at the pair. Wow, this was the most he had heard the famously calm and grumpy Dark Knight ever sigh.

"Robin, go back to the mansion. I will join you once I have finished talking to Clark." Robin smirked "And no short cuts!" Batman shouted as the boy flipped onto a roof top and sprinted away into the darkness.

"Bruce -"

"No, listen as I will only explain once. He was a part of Haly's International Travelling Circus along with his family. His family were murdered by a mob boss called Tony Zucco, he watched them fall to their deaths from the trapeze. I took him in after three months in Gotham Juvenile Detention Centre; where he had been sent as all the orphanages in Gotham were full. He went after Zucco and found about Batman. I agreed to let him become my partner as long as he trained. I wouldn't let him come out if I knew he couldn't protect himself. You don't get to judge my decisions, it's either I help him do this or he does it himself and gets killed." At the end of his rant, Batman had a small frown upon his face. He looked like he was remembering the tragedy or thinking about what trouble the kid would get into on his own.

Superman gave a long, drawn-out sigh knowing he wouldn't win this battle. "Fine as long as he's not hurt."

"Who said I needed permission from you, now get out of my city." With a final grunt he vanished into the shadows.

As Superman flew away all he could think about was the small boy who had managed to hack into the League. He had a funny feeling he would be seeing a lot more of this kid. As he finally made it back to Metropolis Superman reached the decision that he was ok with that. The kid seemed clever and, although he didn't approve of him fighting crime, perhaps he would be good for Bruce.

So how was it Good or Bad? I would love some comments and any ideas you have. I'll update as soon as I can I can't wait to get to trolling the team and them finding out their little Robin. Who can probably kick their butts. I do not own anything.
Robyn out.