dark love-the domon king (chapter 6)

hey guys.it's been really long since i've uploaded anything further on this story.so please just let me know how this new chapter is.Thank you. :)

Chapter 6

"Entering without knocking is a bad habit,you know."

Anvi turned away from the window,letting the beige curtains fall into place and faced the giant in front of the door.The sheets were a lighter shade than the curtains but she didn't like the colour,it looked like puke.She liked pretty things.

"Didn't peg you for a person who cared about manners.Or you could say i don't care either way."

He'd moved away from the door but in such a way that he was blocking her view of the door thus eliminating one escape route.smart man.But no one said she would use only the main door to escape if the need arose.First rule of combat-keep more than one escape route in sight and size up your enemy for any weakness.

To a less trained eye it would have seemed that this mammoth of a demon had no weakness.But Anvi knew that she could use his huge size against him very well.Her small size would make it hilariously difficult for him to catch her.And yet he appeared quite threatening and dangerous.Hell,she knew he would be a hard man to slay.But she didn't want to slay him.Oh no,not the I-want-to-rip-your-guts-out slay him but she wanted to slay him in...other ways.More tempting,mouth-watering ways.OK,she didn't remember using a large amount of magic like Akshata or even Anuja hitting her head with a titanium bat like she'd threatened but she was seriously starting to doubt that something was majorly wrong in her head.And in other parts of her body.

Because ever since she'd laid eyes on that piece of meat in front of her she'd started having pretty 'wicked' thoughts.It was like her hormones had suddenly had their 'wakey-wakey' alarm on and had hit the gym hard core.Because right now she felt like a teen all over again.

But she was not so stupid that she would tip him off over her itty-bitty secret.

"Is that a threat boy?"

"It's whatever you want it to be.Woman."

That smirk on his face with the glint in his eyes and his comment suspiciously looked and sounded like an innuendo.Oh no Anvi you are not stepping any deeper into that forest.

Composing herself she moved her eves over his form not trying to hide the fact that she was looking him up for weapons.

"Noah already assured you all that no harm will come to you all,so you can stop scanning me for any weapons.But be sure that you understand a fact,if you so much as breath wrong in my king's home or try anything funny i personally will make sure that you all are dead.i won't take it lightly and neither will all his people so be warned."

His eyes had turned hard and at that point he looked very much capable of taking her on.she had been right,he was indeed dangerous.Very dangerous.But so was she and she was not going to back down in the face of his silent threat.He didn't have a clue that she was made of much sterner stuff.V had made sure it.

She shut down her mind at that point.That was a no go area again.Looked like her life had many no-go areas.Why did it all have to be so complicated.she didn't like thinking too much over things or complicating things and playing games.That was Anuja's habit and Akshata's hobby.Anvi liked to keep things simple.V had made sure that she couldn't keep things simple anymore.Damn that sorry SOB.

If ony she could accept it simply that she desired the demon standing in front of her.But even that would have been a complication.She really was tired of playing games.

"If we intended to harm your dear king and you all then trust me you wouldn't be talking to me right now."

She moved closer to him taking half a circle around him an coming to his side.She rose on her toes to reach closer to his ear while palming one of her hidden daggers.

"And you sure as hell wouldn't be threatening me."She touched the tip of her dagger to his throat without a sound baring her clenched teeth.

He looked down at her and moved his hand to the cold metal at his throat.His hand curled lightly around the point where she was holding the dagger.The contact shot a bolt of awareness up her arm and through her body.The ignored it and concentrated on the feel of the well worn hilt of her dagger.He was unsettling her and her only defense was to hide it by ignoring it.He spoke something but she was having trouble making sense of it.She heard them but they were like words strung together without any clear meaning.

"Easy.It's just a warning,not a threat.Lower the knife."

She pressed the dagger deeper into his throat to make her point and moved a bit away to allow herself to breathe.She moved her eyes down his body.She just couldn't resist it.Hard packed muscle stacked one upon the other.She could make it out even from his clothing,it was hard not to notice such sheer masculinity.

"Don't make the mistake of telling me what to do,boy.If that's all you came to tell me then you can leave.I need to catch up with my beauty sleep."

Her smile was sweet enough to make anyone gag.Taking the dagger away from his throat she moved aside in such a way that the door was in her line of sight.He didn't miss the meaning behind the gesture.His brown eyes sparkled with light amusement without losing the dangerous glint.Also something else she didn't want to think about.She knew he desired her.It was not natural though,just a side effect of being a krusnick.Hunters had to be alluring to after all.Frankly it took the fun out of things.It was not natural and that cut bone deep.

His lips lifted to one side and then he turned fully to her.

"Relax.I came to inform you that Noah wishes to see you all during dinner and he hopes that you and your friends will be generous enough to join us all."

"Dinner?"she half grunted and half laughed out the word."You know, formalities are not needed.It's a waste of time.we're in till we get rid of the necromancers and then we're out.So please inform Noah that he need not take the pains."

"But he truly wishes for you to be there.And so do i.The least you all can do to thank him for his service is to join us all for dinner and anyway you have promised him answers so it's hardly a loss for us."

Didn't that just spoil her mood.Social duties and answers.Humph.She didn't believe it that she still had to abide by those stupid rules after all these years.As for the answers,let's just say that she and her friends were going to have a nose longer than pinochio's nose.

"fine.but do i have to inform eva and akira too?"

Informing anuja about any social occasion was a major pain.it was like informing a priest that Jesus was a hoax.Akshata was an angel that way.She had the uncanny ability to fit in anywhere.But Anuja hated being around people.She had become like that because of V.

Double damn him.

"No.it will be taken care of.someone will come to lead you to the dinner hall by 7."

He didn't need to know that her senses had already told her the whole plan of the manse.he gave a slight smile and turned around moving towards the door.Thank god.she could finally breathe again.He turned around at the last minute with his hand on the door knob.

"And before i forget,you stink.Please do take a bath."

The last thing she saw before he swiftly left the room was was his amusement filled light laugh.He looked gorgeous.

She nearly flung the dagger at his disappearing head.

please don't forget to comment and tell me your views :)