Chapter 1

When I first stepped into the halls of Dalton Academy, all I could picture was a castle. Although this is probably the most beautiful place I have ever seen, I am too terrified to really care. Today is my first day at a brand new school.

"Ok Kurt," I told myself, "All you have to do today is blend in and don't make yourself noticeable to others. You don't want them making fun of you again."

I left McKinley High School from severe bullying I experienced everyday. I know my friends acted like they noticed since they got it too, but no one got it as much as me. Not only was I in the glee club, but I was also gay. Somehow that put a huge target on my back. My goal now is to just blend in and stay under the radar. I'm too broken for anyone to see the real me again. How am I supposed to know who the real me is anymore?

After a long walk with my dad and Carole through the hallway, I finally reach the headmaster's office.

"I'm really proud of you son. You are making the right decision in coming here and I will stand by you every step of the way," my dad told me.

All I could manage to do was nod as I quickly opened the door and walked into the office.

"Are you Kurt Hummel?" he asks as I nod. "Good good well I am headmaster Jacobson and I am here to tell you all about Dalton Academy today!"

I sat and half-listened to him go on and on about the prestigious school before I was given my schedule and room assignment for the year. I saw another name printed on the sheet. Blaine Anderson. Why was someone else in the room meant for me?

"Um excuse me?" I asked, "Why is there another name on this sheet?"

"That is your roommate, Blaine Anderson. You will love him! He is Junior class president, plays football, and is the leader of our a cappella glee club, the Warblers," he explained.

"Oh great," I thought, "Another jock who will just beat me up when he finds out I'm gay."

"Oh cool," I say out loud.

"I will let you go to your room and say your goodbyes to your family. You may leave campus on the weekends but must return by nine o'clock on Sunday night. I hope you have a great time at this school Mr. Hummel," headmaster Jacobson says.

"Thank you sir," I state as I go back out the doors and tell Dad and Carole goodbye. I know it makes dad upset to know how bullied I once was but maybe now I'm in a better place. Oh who am I kidding. I will probably get beat up as soon as they leave. I know they say there is an anti bullying policy but I'm sure it still happens.

I ran up to my room 206 and opened the door. Inside, I saw the most beautiful boy I had ever seen sitting on the bed. This year was going to be more difficult than I thought.