24 ~

"You appear just like a dream to me, just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me"

Izi's POV

I heard the boys wander in as I crossed my legs on the couch.

"Ah, my lovely girlfriend!" Louis called, smirking at me.

"What?" Harry said, almost defensively.

"Paps caught us leaving the hospital, now we're on the front of every newspaper because we're dating." He sat on the arm of the chair and fell backwards into my lap. I patted his hair as he kicked off his shoes. Harry rolled his eyes and smiled as he sat on the couch opposite us.

"You're both looking very flustered. What happened?" Liam questioned as he sat down next to Harry, Niall choosing to sit in the armchair in the corner.

"We just had sex." Harry stated. The other boys stared as us in disbelief.

"Harry, what the fuck?" I said, shaking my head. A huge smile took over his face before he cackled loudly.

"I attacked her with tickles because she thinks Chandler is funnier than Phoebe."

"That's because he is?" Niall retorted.

"THANK YOU!" I yelled, Niall pointed at me and winked.

"No way, Joey is easily the funniest." Liam stated.

"WHAT?"

"Okay no."

"Fuck off!"

"You're crazy."

This turned into a fifteen minute discussion about who in fact was the funniest in friends before we were interrupted by Harry's doorbell again. He went to go answer it and the rest of us were quiet.

"Oh.. Hey." Harry said, his tone full of confusion when he opened the door. I wondered who it could be until I heard the distinctive voice reply;

"Hi mate." It was Zayn. For some reason I freaked out, I was used to seeing the other boys.. But I'd never met Zayn.

"Ah, come on in." I heard Harry say before footsteps approached the living room. I saw Liam and Louis share a quick look before the two boys entered the room.

"Hey.." Zayn murmured. A chorus of quiet "hi's" echoed through the room. I assumed this was the first time they'd seen each other since he left the band.

"Sit down," Harry offered, pointing to the couch next to Louis and I, "this is Izi." Zayn turned to me and smiled, his previously long dark hair now shaved, a few days of stubble covering his chiseled face.

"Nice to meet you." He said, extending his hand to me. I shook his hand, returning his smile and examining his striking features. The tension in the room was thick and incredibly awkward.

"What are you doing here Zayn?" Liam said finally, breaking the silence.

"Heard about H, came to make sure he was okay." He leant back on the couch, his hand reaching up to rub his neck.

"Coulda called." Louis spat.

"Didn't know you were gonna be here." Zayn shot back. I suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable sitting in between them. I know it had hurt Lou the most when Zayn left, we'd spoken about it a few times. Harry remained silent, playing with the rings adorning his fingers.

"It's fine. We can take care of him." Louis words cut through the air like razor blades.

"What's up your ass?" Zayn spat back at him, "You getting all high and mighty cause your new girlfriend's here?" He nodded his head towards me.

"She's not my girlfriend." Louis said bluntly. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, just praying that I could be anywhere but here.

"Ah, I'm gonna go.." I stammered, going to get off the couch.

"No, Iz, it's fine." Louis said through clenched teeth. I looked up to meet Harry's eyes, he shook his head slowly and I relaxed back into my seat.

"Guys, just drop it. There's no point in doing this. What's done is done." Niall's voice was slow and steady as he spoke. I watched as Liam ran his hands through his hair, shaking his head.

"Harry?" Zayn said, turning to face him. Harry was too polite to say anything mean, he just shrugged his shoulders and looked down at his feet.

"Alright," Zayn said, standing up off the couch, "I can tell when I'm not wanted. Lovely to meet you Izi, have fun with these guys." I gave him a tight lipped smile as he walked past Harry.

"Glad to see you're okay mate, stay off the coke, yeah?" He raised his eyebrows at Harry and sniggered. Before leaving the room and slamming the front door shut. We all shuddered at the sound, Harry got up and stormed to the bathroom. Liam got up to follow him but I shook my head at him;

"I'll go." I whispered, urging him to sit back down as I walked down the hallway to the bathroom. I knocked quietly on the door.

"Come in." He murmured. I opened the door and was faced with his reflection in the mirror. He smiled weakly at me as I entered the room, closing the door behind me softly. He had his hands spread out on the vanity, gripping the sides.

"You alright?" I said, still standing with my back against the door. He nodded at me and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"It just fucking sucks. He was our best mate and then he went and fucked everything up. We haven't been the same without him.."

I could see the muscles in his back tensing as he spoke. I just wanted to cling to him and tell him everything would be alright. Instead, I stayed firmly against the door, only giving him a sympathetic smile through the mirror.

"That's part of the reason I got so bad," he continued, "it tore me apart when he left.." He hung his head between his arms. I moved from my position at the door and wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned his body and hugged me, pulling me flush into him as I lay my head against his chest. I rubbed his back gently as he kissed my hair,

"Thank you for being there for me. You're a good friend." He muttered. I clenched my eyes shut at the word. Pulling away from him and forcing a smile.

"Any time," I responded, "that's what friends are for.

'Friends. Just friends.'