WPLI || Note 20

2 0

In Which They Meet At Infinitea

She couldn't help but feel nervous. She was going to meet him, she was going to meet him in person. She wondered if he was going to like her, she wondered if she was going to like him.

Of course you're going to like him idiot, she told herself, or else you would have left him along after you got your notebook back.

But- it's not to late to back out right?

That would be rude, woman up and meet him.

After much of an internal debate, she figured that if she put so much effort into getting ready, she might as well pull though.

His heart was pounding. He survived two back to back national games, three sleepless years of university, and none of those got his heart pounding as this meeting. Sure he talked to her before but it was never face to face with her. He doesn't even know what she sounds like.

Her head was down as she approached the café doors. She wondered if he was there already or worse, if he got cold feet.

He saw her. Her red hair covering her face. She showed up, he thought with a sigh of relief. He couldn't go back now. He figured he'd meet her at the door so he picked up his pace.

"Liv?" She heard someone say. She looked up to see him. She realized that she must have been staring and quickly responded.

"Nic-Nickel?" He never thought he would be so happy to hear his name.

"Hi Liv."

"Hi Nickel."

TAOY, Young Forever [aka the external link]