Chapter 6

I walked in the door as I heard the music booming from inside. As I walked through the hallway towards the main room I have to admit I was kind of nervous. My palms were getting sweaty and I cursed myself for getting so nervous. Why am I so anxious? I mean it’s not that big of a deal.

I tried to calm myself as I came out to see the dance floor and I almost gasped in amazement. This place was huge! The ceiling was way high up and I as I looked up I could see tons of lights hanging from it. They were all types of colors and they made the floor look alive. The DJ was on a sort of balcony playing music with headphones on.

I was so amazed I barely noticed Alexis waving to me from the dance floor. She was wearing a red dress that looked like it was made of silk with a black sash around her waist with black heels. She had also curled her hair. Overall she looked really good.

She walked over to me and said, “I’m so glad you could make it!”

“Yeah no problem,” I said. “This place is amazing.”

“They recently renovated it,” she said understanding my excitement. “This is the first time I’ve seen it look like this too.”

We started walking towards a room that looked like a lounge with leather sofas and mini bars. I looked where we were headed and realized it was where some other people were sitting.

“Hey guys,” Alexis said as she stopped in front of the table. “This is Aurora.”

“You mean the one you gave a concussion?” one of the guys said. He had dirty blond hair and light blue eyes. He was smiling at Alexis when she hit him on the shoulder.

“Anyways,” she said glaring at him. “These are my friends. That’s Sarah,” she said pointing to a girl with light brown hair and brown eyes. She smiled at me and gave me a little wave as she said hi.

“That’s Ryan,” she said pointing to the guy who was sitting next to Sarah. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes. He winked at me when I looked over at him which made me blush. I tried to cover it but it didn’t work too well.

“That’s Hannah,” Alexis said referring to a blond girl with blue eyes. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

“That’s Taylor,” she said pointing to a guy that looked exactly like Ryan. “Him and Ryan are twins.”

“Just so you know,” Taylor said. “I’m the better one.” Him and Ryan started arguing about who was better until Alexis shut them up.

“And this is Darren,” she said looking at the guy who had said the thing about the concussion.

“I’m the best person you’ll ever meet,” he said smiling at me.

Alexis rolled her eyes as she said, “Would you just move over so we can sit down?”

He laughed as he scooted over and me and Alexis sat down.

“Hey where’s Peter?” she asked.

Just when Ryan was about to say something a guy came in and said, “Sorry I’m late. The taxi driver took the wrong turn.”

I looked over to see one of the cutest guys I have ever seen. He had short brown hair and amazing green eyes.

He smiled when he noticed me and said to Alexis, “So is the Aurora?”

“Yup,” she said. “Oh and thank you for being polite unlike somebody.” She looked over at Darren and he looked amused.

“What?” he said shrugging.

Peter took a seat next to me and my heart started pounding so hard I thought he could hear it.

“So,” Taylor said. “Where’d you move from?”