Intro and Prologue

Intro:

Many years ago, there once lived a conquering nation, a nation that was above all others. Though it was secret to the lesser race, they controlled them in a way both could co-exist. Each being of the great nation was a half. The half they had to find their other half to have their true selves because they were bonded.

One day, something came upon their world, a great evil that came from the source of a new being. While the evil killed and broke the bonds of some, the evil possessed others to do its deed. The great nation was exterminated. The lesser race was spared because they were the source of the evil’s power. The lesser nation over the years grew to be the most populated but very far from the most powerful.

Prologue:

All I could hear was the beating of my heart as I ran for my life. I had to find shelter; I must find safety. There is no safety. They are everywhere, watching my every move.

A panic came over my body as I became something I didn’t recognize. I felt my skin grow and change. I suddenly felt the need to run on all fours. My eyes grew and adjusted to the darkness quicker than I ever imagined possible. When I tried to look at myself all I could see was pitch black. I felt invincible and agile like never before.

I ran faster and faster. What is happening to me? At that moment I didn’t care. All I knew is that I had to get away to a place where no one could find me.

Just when I thought I was safe, I heard it. The sound pierced my ears like it was right beside me. I could tell it came from above me. My hearing had become strangely more acute.

What is wrong with me? What did they want? Who am I? Questions blurred my mind as I ran into darkness that was growing deeper by the second.

The sound stopped very suddenly. Could they really be gone or are they just tricking me? I kept running thinking that they wanted to trick me into stopping.

I cannot stop or they will catch me. I will never stop running. I have to keep running. I will keep running until the end. The end of this terror, my fear, and these horrible things that keep happening to me.

**********

Winter is so beautiful!

The snow falls onto the grass and trees with amazing grace. Kids play and make snow mans. People clean their driveway of the white snow as they get ready to leave.

I have to go out today and walk in the woods. It’s my tradition. I do it every time the first snow of the season falls.

I quickly ran upstairs to change. I got my hat, scarf, gloves, coat, my phone, and my camera. I loved taking photos of winter in the woods.

“Mom,” I yelled as I got downstairs, “I’m going for a walk.”

“Okay, be sure to bring your phone. I’ll call you as soon as lunch is ready,” she said.

“Okay,” I yelled as I skipped to the door happily.

Once I was outside, I took a long deep breath of fresh winter air. I walked slowly across our neighborhood to the woods. As I got there, I started taking pictures.

As I got deeper in the woods, I saw some animals and took really good pictures of them.

I want to stay out here all day!

I found my favorite place to sit and enjoy the day, a rock that was in front of a little frozen waterfall and pool.

As I sat down, my phone rang, and I looked at the caller ID. Restricted. Someone must be prank calling me on *67.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“I can see you,” a strange male voice said.

“Haha. Very funny. Stop prank calling me,” I said, and then hung up.

A few seconds later, I heard a ruffling sound in the bushes behind me.

“Who’s there?” I said unafraid as I turned around.

It was followed by a laugh.

“Come out and show yourself,” I said growing angry. “Or are you too much of a woos?”

Out of nowhere, I felt an excruciating pain in my chest. It felt like someone was ripping my heart in half. Then something weird happened to me. I was changing. But into what? How? Why? Before I could realize what was happening to me, I collapsed and felt coldness encircle me.