Chapter 8

"Did you just stick her with a needle?" I asked. Maybe these people weren't as friendly as I had thought.

"She was in shock so I had to anestassiate her," Peter said.

"Okay," I replied doubtfully. "You're not going to do that to me are you? 'Cause I will run around, scream, and kick before you put a needle on me."

"No," he laughed. "You're not in shock at all. You're actually excited which is pretty surprising."

"Not really," I shrugged as I sat back down and ate. Peter went and carried Aurora into the house probably taking her to her room so she could sleep.

"We will have to start training as soon as Aurora is well," Alexis said coming from the house.

"Whoa!" I said dropping my fork on top of my pancake. "Where did you come from?"

"When you shape-shift and then change back into human form you well... don't have any clothes on and--" Alexis said trying to explain.

"Okay okay, I get it," I said holding up my hand.

Alexis laughed as she sat down again and began eating.

"So what are your guys' animals?" I said interested.

Darren was the first one to talk, not surprisingly, and he said, "I'm a lion and it's beast!"

Everyone rolled their eyes and I said wonderingly, "Is everyone some type of big cat?"

"No," Sarah said. "I'm a hawk."

"Hawks are my favorite animals!" I said excitingly.

Sarah smiled as Taylor said, "Since me and Ryan are twins we have the same animal and we're both grey wolves."

Ryan added, "We're the only dogs." Then he stuck his tongue out at Alexis and Darren.

Hannah said, "I'm a Golden Lion Tamarin monkey."

"I think I've seen one of those in the zoo before," I said thinking. "They're really pretty and orange/golden."

"Peter has a rather weird animal," Alexis said looking at me in the eye. "We all thought they had been extinct or didn't even exist until the Renaissance time. That's when they all started to expose themselves but later on they managed to hide again. His family is the only thing that keeps the animal's spirit alive. There are no non-shape-shifting animals of this kind."

"Well tell me!" I said excitedly.

"Peter's a dragon," Alexis said.

"That is so cool!" I screamed just as Peter came in.

"What's cool?" he asked.

"That you're a dragon!" I said. How awesome is that? You could spit fire, fly, and you're huge. I don't think it gets better than that.

"Yeah I guess," he shrugged.

I can't wait to see him shape-shift! I thought as I finished breakfast.

Aurora's POV

I bolted upright in my bed and looked around the room. I'm still in the same place! Urg! I'm gonna kill Peter. I threw the covers off of me as I ran into the hallway. I dashed down to the door outside and found everyone sitting there.

I looked around and saw Peter, that's when I went overboard. I started running outside and I jumped and tackled him to the ground. Everyone was really surprised and they all started screaming for me to get off of him.

"Why'd you stick me with a freakin' needle?" I yelled at him.

Before I could even blink he had pinned me to the ground and now he was ontop of me. What the heck? How can he be so strong? I pushed and shoved trying to get him off of me but he wouldn't budge.

"How were you only out for like 5 minutes?" he said dumbfounded.

"I don't know," I said pushing his chest. "Just get off of me!"

"No," he said as he turned around and sat on my back.

"What the heck?" I screamed. "You did not just sit on me."

"But I did," he said stubbornly.

I tried to get him off but nothing seemed to work so I finally just gave up.

"You big oaf," I murmured.

Alexis stared at me like I was a mad woman so I said, "What?"

"How could you be out for so long when that injection should have lasted at least 10 hours?" she said. Now it all hit me.

"Wait what? How is that possible?" I asked trying to wave my arms for emphasis but since Peter was sitting on me, I couldn't.

"You two must be a lot stronger than I thought," she said as she started to pace back and forth.

I waited boringly as I propped my head up with my hand.

"You can get off now," I said to Peter. Once he gets off I'm going right back at him.

"Nu-uh," he said. "I don't trust you to not attack me."

Crap he got me. I'll just do something when he least expects it.

"Can you at least pass me a pancake?" I asked.

Peter leaned over, grabbed a pancake, and handed it to me. "You make a pretty good seat," he said smiling.

"Ha ha very funny," I replied sarcastically as I bit my pancake. After I swallowed I looked up to see Peter looking a different way. I sneakily threw the pancake in his face and laughed. Gotcha.

He grabbed the pancake and threw it across the field. "You just can't sit still?" he asked.

"Not when I've had an energy drink," I sang and laughed.

"Where did you get-- did you steal it from the fridge?" he asked looking down at me.

"Maybe," I said looking back up at him. "I happened to find one that said Peter. Funny huh?"

He hit his hand on his forehead and said, "We're all doomed but you watch out A 'cause now that you stole my drink you're gonna get it." He pointed to his eyes then me in one of those I'm-watching-you looks.

I laughed just as Alexis said, "You two are like two year olds! I'll have to think this over so today goes without training."

Everyone screamed happily as they ran inside including Dawn.

"What are they doing and would you get off now?" I asked.

He got off and helped me up. "They're heading out to do what they want today. My bet's on the pool," he replied.

"Pool?" I screamed excitedly. With that I was running inside too and heading towards my room to change. It was pretty hot outside so this was going to be awesome.

"Party!" Darren screamed running through the hallway.

"Dude," Peter said acting like Darren was stupid. "You're room's that way." Peter pointed in the opposite direction Darren was running and Darren suddenly stopped.

"Oh yeah! Thanks man. Party!" Darren continued screaming as he ran the other way.

I laughed and Peter just shook his head slowly.