Chapter 2

Sorry about the long wait I was really busy this week. Anyways enjoy and plz comment and vote and tell me wat u guys think! ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aurora. Wake up. We just landed.”

“What?” I said sleepily my eyes still closed. I swatted my hand at whoever was trying to wake me up.

“Come on,” the voice said to me while pulling me up from my seat. I opened my eyes to see my blue eyed mother trying to get our bags from the storage compartment in the airplane. We didn’t like to have other bags that weren’t carry-ons because they cost money and most of the time people lost them in all the flights. I lazily got out of my seat and grabbed a bag. As I walked out of the plane I noticed my mother’s usual blonde hair was messy. I guess she slept too.

“What time is it?” I asked her as we walked through the airport.

She quickly glanced at her clock and said, “1:00pm. Wait— oh my god!” she screamed. “I’m going to be late for my  first day at work!” She started running through the airport while I just dragged myself through it. “Aurora! If you don’t move you’re going to make me late!” I groaned again and started running. It’s just like my mother to forget that she had to be somewhere. When we got out to the street she yelled for a taxi while I struggled with my suitcase. She hurriedly stuffed it in the taxi and told the man to go to our new address. As the taxi started to drive away I just stared out the window thinking about all the things I had left behind in Florida. I had my friends and family all there. My life was perfect until my mom got this so called amazing job offer. At the beginning of my senior year on top of it! All the kids at my new school would already have friends. I’m going to be the only one just sitting alone, and my nightmare starts in two days. Yay. I turned on my cell phone to find I had a ton of texts and missed calls from my friends. I wasn’t in the mood to answer them so I just put my phone in my pocket.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by my mom saying, “How do you like San Francisco? Isn’t it beautiful?”

“Yeah,” I said in an unconvincing tone still staring out the window. “It’s wonderful.”

“You are not going to be in a bad mood all day missy,” she replied. Her face turned into a smile meaning she had just come up with an idea. Oh crap. “I can call Kim’s daughter to go to shopping with you!” she almost screamed. Kim was this old friend of my mom’s that had moved away but they still kept in contact with each other and stuff. Her daughter, Gwen, was goth. She hated everything, wore black, and the typical stuff goths do or like.

“There is no way in hell I am going shopping with her.” I said. “I don’t think she even likes shopping!”

“Watch your language,” she yelled at me. She sighed and said, “I just don’t want you to mope around the apartment all day. Just please. Do it for me?” she asked as she put on her puppy face.

“Fine,” I answered.  She smiled and I said, “But you have to pay me 30 bucks if she leaves me alone and joins her friends or whatever.”

“Okay,” my mother said thinking she wouldn’t have to pay me. She was so wrong. A few minutes later we got to our apartment. It was in the middle of the city but I liked it. When we walked in I realized my mom had already shipped our furniture here. I walked into my room and put my duffel bag on the side I walked over to my window hoping I could see the city since we had an apartment on the 5th floor. I opened the curtains to find I had a view of the apartment building wall about 10 feet away. Ugh. Just my luck. I heard my mom talking in the living room/kitchen so I knew she was calling Kim.

Minutes later my mom bursted through the room and told me she would take me to the place Gwen was supposed to meet me. I ran down the stairs and got in the taxi. My mom had given me an extra pair of keys to the apartment which I think I would need. I said bye to my mom and wished her good luck as I got out at the bus stop 163, the place I was supposed to meet Gwen. I decided to wait on the bus bench and wait for her to come. I looked around the city for a while and it was amazing. The streets were like gigantic hills and the houses were beautiful. I had seen pictures and stuff of San Francisco but it was so much better in person. I decided a while ago that one day I would go to the beach to take a break from school which my mom agreed to let me go.

After 20 minutes of waiting I decided Gwen wasn't going to meet up with me. Shocker. I thought that I should get some new clothes since I'm here anyways. I got up and started walking with the enormous crowd. It's a Saturday afternoon so there was bound to be a ton of people anyways. As I walked along I saw advertisements for Fisherman's Warf. It looked kind of interesting. I'd have to go there sometime.

I quickly spotted one of my favorite stores; Wet Seal. At least something good came out of this day. I tried pushing the front door but it wouldn't budge. I felt stupid when it said to pull the door next to the handle. Right when I was about to open the door someone came out and the door hit my face. I fell backwards and I hit my head on the sidewalk. Suddenly there was a mass of people around me asking questions like if I was okay or not. They were all fuzzy so I couldn't see their faces very well. Then this girl about my age with red hair that looked like fire stood in front of me and asked me something. I couldn't understand her so I said, "Wha?"

"Oh my god!" she said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, " I said. "I feel dizzy." After a few seconds I said, "I wanna ride my llama. Where's my llama?"

"What?" she asked looking confused.

"I want my llama. It ran away." I started crying and the crowd looked at me weirdly and started going away. No doubt they probably thought I was mental. "I want my llama!" I screamed again. I got up and started asking people on the street, "Have you seen my llama? It's green and likes to spit.  I lost my llama!" I started crying all over again.

The girl with red hair said, "I'm going to take you to the hospital. Okay?."

"But first we gotta find my llama!" I screamed. The people on the street started glancing over at me scared that I might do something to them.

"It's okay," she said comforting me as she started dragging me away. "We'll find your llama."

"Okay," I sniffled and I let her drag me away.

When we got to the hospital the girl started talking to the front desk lady.

I looked at the girl's hair again and I started wondering, if I touched her hair, would it burn me? I touched it and giggled. "Your hair tickles me," I said then I touched it again and started laughing hysterically.

"See," she said to the desk lady as she pointed to me as I fell to the ground laughing.

A second later I saw this tall man with a white dress on carrying a silver needle coming towards me. All I cared about is why he was wearing a dress though.

"Why are you wearing a white dress, strange man?" I asked giggling. He suddenly came up to me and the silver thing went in my skin. Then everything turned black.