Seven

Seven

Thank you to @princessclifford_ for the cover !! Sadly, it doesn't fit but I still love it !!

Michael walks into the apartment quietly, a bag of Tim Horton's muffins in one hand —God bless Michigan for having at least one great thing in it— and two cups of coffee strategically balanced in the other. He sets his keys down on the table by the door, before walking into the living room where he had left the girls, only to see Luke sitting on the couch with them.

"Hey babies," Michael smiles. Lacey jumps up and runs over to him, making grabby hands at him so he'll pick her up. "My hands are full, sweetheart. Go take this to the kitchen, I'll be right in there," he says, handing her the bag that has a few muffins in it.

Lacey runs into the kitchen with Keeley not far behind her, and Michael takes a seat next to Luke, who looks like he's still half asleep.

"They wake you up?" Michael asks, handing Luke one of the coffees that he had bought.

Luke takes it, having a drink of it before nodding. "It's fine, I need to go out today and look for a job anyways," he says, as Michael leans his head on his shoulder.

Smiling, Michael glances over to the kitchen where the girls are sitting at the table, eating the breakfast he brought for them. They're sitting side by side on the same chair, and Keeley is helping Lacey take the wrapper off of her muffin.

"What time do you have to leave?" Luke asks, resting his hand on the back of Michael's neck. He softly plays with the little hairs there, causing Michael to hum in approval. A small smile breaks out on Luke's face and he rests his cheek against the top of Michael's head.

Cuddling into Luke, Michael keeps an eye on the girls in case something happens while he's not in the kitchen with them. "In about twenty minutes. The girls just have to finish eating and brush their teeth, then we can leave," he says.

Lacey looks over at the mention of her and her twin, smiling at Michael and waving her tiny hand. Luke's heart practically melts when he feels Michael laughing softly, waving back at his daughter because it's the cutest damn thing he thinks he's ever seen.

Living with Michael and the girls is nice, so far. It's only been a week and three days, but he loves it. Michael's relationship with the twins is adorable, he doesn't know how it's even possible to be that close sometimes. They're constantly smiling when they're around each other, and when Michael leaves the room to do something, it's pretty heart-breaking to see Lacey pout and try to run after him.

She's still not all too comfortable around Luke, but he doesn't really mind. He knows she just needs a little time to get used to a new person living with them. At least Keeley seems to have taken a liking to him, so he can't really complain.

A few minutes later, the girls both announce that they're done eating, so Michael stands from the couch to help them clean up before they need to brush their teeth. He wipes off their messy hands with a wet dishcloth, then sends them down the hall into the bathroom.

While he waits for them to be done, Michael scrolls through his phone in the kitchen, taking a few drinks from his coffee. He looks away when he hears little footsteps coming towards him, smiling when Lacey gestures to be picked up. He sets her on his hip, then walks into the living room just as Keeley walks out of the bathroom.