Two

Two

Luke Hemmings, 25

Memphis, Tennessee

"I'm terrified," Luke admits, folding his hands together in his lap with a loud exhale. "I cannot believe that I'm actually doing this."

Luke furrows his eyebrows as he tries to gather his thoughts and spit out exactly what he's feeling, creating worry lines in his forehead. It's scary to him, having no idea who he's about to commit his life to. Up until now, his life has been organized and planned out step by step. He's a particular person who likes particular things, and this was way over his line of comfort. He had surprised himself when he actually let his best friend convince him into doing this.

"What if we end up hating each other? I can't be married to someone I hate! It would be so bad, if we fought all of the time and got into stupid arguments that made us not want to be around each other. I've already gone through that with-" he pauses, shaking his head. "I don't want that."

His worry filled eyes trail around the room, looking past the man filming him to the door. Luke knows that somewhere in this building, his soulmate is recording his little bit for the show at that exact moment. It's an awful thought, but at the same time it was exhilarating. Never in a million years would he had ever seen himself doing something as spontaneous as this. Maybe a blind date, but a blind marriage? Who has he turned into?

At first he had just filled out the form as a joke, not thinking that he would actually get accepted onto the show. Now that it was actually happening, all he does is spend his days worrying about all of the negatives that could possibly be caused by this. Luke has no idea how he and his partner were going to get along, and it made him both scared and sad.

He doesn't want to spend his life married to someone, wasting their years away with early mornings ignoring each other as they got ready for work, silent dinners, minimum conversation, and cold nights on complete opposite sides of the bed. Granted, they don't have to stay together, but divorce is not an option that Luke highly favors.

There's a small part of him that thinks, maybe, just maybe, this will end up being the best decision he ever makes. He could end up falling in love with a stranger, a man he married without even knowing his name. They could spend their lives together slowly falling more and more in love, growing old together and being content with themselves. It's a very unlikely thought, though.

Luke doesn't believe there's such thing as true love. He never experienced it in his family while growing up, nor has he ever see it except for in movies. All he ever saw growing up was forced smiles, awkward dinner conversations, and arguments that started off with something simple like leaving an empty carton of milk in the fridge and spiraled into huge screaming matches across the living room.

He brings his eyes back up to the camera, letting another sigh fall past his lips.

"I just hope this doesn't turn out as badly as I'm thinking it will."