Melody of Tears: "The Silence" Chapter 5

Jeremy took a drive around the area. He did this every night, he knew there was as slim chance of finding Vincent but it made Scott feel better. Hedrove though the dark roads, sighing. It had been five days since Vincent disappeared. Jeremy's eyes were hard to keep open, he'd been driving for three hours.It was currantly 3:40 am, the sun would come up. He closed his eyes briefly, intending to take a drive down that old dirt road once before turning around andgoing back home. 

    Jeremy sighed, turning down onto the dirt road. The silence was almost too loud. Empty. No signs of life. He stopped the car dead in its tracks when he saw the footprints on the road. He got out of the car, closing the door behind him. The footprints lead up the road, for who knows how long. Jeremy got back into the car, trying to start it up. He turned the key time and time again, though the car wouldn't start. He growled, continuing to try.

    "When darkness comes, you know I'm never far..." The voice said, in a demonic and almost taunting voice. Jeremy looked up, fear filling his eyes. Heturned the key faster, his hands trembling. Suddenly the car sprang to life, the headlights turning on. The light revealed something in the road ahead. It wasat least a few hudered feet away. Jeremy squinted to see what it was, but he couldn't see it in the darkness. He slowly pushed down on the gas petal, keepingwatch on the 'thing' up the road. 

    He was about 70 feet from it now. The 'thing' was now obviously alive, it was going in the same direction Jeremy was going. As Jeremy slowly drove closerto it, the light revealed it was most likely a person. He squinted, getting closer and closer to the figure. "You'll never be alone..." The voice was back again.Jeremy looked around, it had to be the person in the road. 

     He was about 15 feet away. He slowed the car down and moved to the side of the road so he wouldn't hit the person. He sighed, he was so tired... 

    Suddenly, the headlights went out. The figure was no longer visible in the darkess. The lights on the inside of the car flickered, and suddenly the car spedup. Jerry tried to press down on the brake, but it didn't work. The car went full speed, against Jeremy's will, then hit a tree. 

    The last thing Jeremy saw was that thing's glowing eyes and grin in the darkness. 

    Scott lay awake in the bed. Now he was worried about Vincent and  Jeremy. It had been 9 hours since he left. He hugged the pillow close to his chest, wonderingwhat happened. Now his best friend and lover were gone. He got up with a sigh, going downstairs. He didn't bother getting dressed, he just went to the kitchen and lookedthrough the cabinet. He found some sort of medication that would help him relax, sighing and taking 3 of the pills. Grabbing a glass of milk, he went to the living roomand sat on the couch. Nobody would tell him what really had happened to Vince, it was better off that way. Scott leaned his head back, staring at the ceiling. "Baby comehome...I remember...Baby come home..." Scott choked out as his eyes filled with tears once again. He just wanted to know what happened. He wanted to know why Vincentwouldn't come home. Why he didn't answer his phone. Why he just...disappeared.

    "The doves have died, the lovers have lied~!" Mike sang as he drove towards the pizzeria. He had the nightshift tonight. He wasn't that concerned about Jeremy, buthe had a bad feeling. If Jeremy didn't come home by the time his shift was over, he'd start looking. Mike turned down the darkened streets, it was about 11:30.He got onto the one road that he dreaded, the one that was completly dark. He looked cautiously down the street, not being able to see anything despite the headlights. He kept the car at a steady speed, kind of afraid. He could've sworn he saw something further up the road. "Just let me burn, it's what I deserve..." The same voice that Jeremy heard was back again. "God I've tried, am I lost in your eyes?" Mike squinted, trying to figure out what was up the road. As he neared it, he realized itwas a person.