Chapter 19

A couple weeks after Barnabas' parents' death, he was the man of the house... He owned all the money... He owned the house... He owned the fishing business... Everything!

I opened the door to his office and placed a silver tray of food on his table and he looked me up and down as I started walking away...

"...Stop...", he said softly.

"Yes sir? Can I do anything for you?", I asked.

"...Yes...", he said rather calmly, creeping me out.

"Dress in something appropriate... Now!", he said.

"Sir? This is what servants wear... I have no other cloths...", I said, confused.

"Here, wear this...", he said, handing me a black lace dress.

After I put on a corset, the dress, make-up, accessories and shoes, I did my hair and walked out the bathroom...

Barnabas looked at me and smiled softly before linking elbows with me...

"Today, you are my lady...", he whispered.

I looked at him in shock... His lady?!

"What about Josette my lord?", I asked and he didn't answer.

When we arrived at a building, Barnabas took my hand and led me in. I looked around... A meeting for the fishing business!

"Gather around everyone!", an old man said, sitting down.

I sat down next to Barnabas who stared at the paintings on the walls...

"Master Collins, you are here to tell the council who is your partner in the business... Are you married?", they asked.

Barnabas stood up before telling me to get up...

"This is lady Josette, future owner of the fishing business after I pass away...", he said.

I stared at him in shock and he just sat back down... Lady Josette? I'm not Josette!

After the meeting was finished and they all went home, I was about to walk out when I suddenly felt hands on my hips pull me back until I was seated in a lap...

"You look beautiful Ella... Thank you for joining me...", he whispered in my ear.

"My pleasure sir...", I said.

He leaned in and softly brushed his lips against my neck...

What was he doing?! I'm a servant! This is not how he treated me while his parents were alive!

I was petrified, terrified, scared... What did he want from me?

He turned my head around so I was facing him as he looked up at me...

He leaned in and softly French kissed me, I quickly pulled away...

I ran for the door but it was locked!

He stood up and stood in front of me...

I tried to yell and scream for help but the noise got stuck in my throat as Barnabas slowly ran his hands up and down my arms as he softly French kissed me again.

I pretended to respond to his kisses before dipping my hand into his pocket and fishing out the key to the door...

I pushed him away with all my life before unlocking the door and running out, crying and gasping for air as my sobs echoed in the hallway...

Sweeney's P.O.V.

I walked into Ella's room, opening the wardrobe...

I found her nightgown on the bottom of the wardrobe. I picked it up and inhaled the beautiful scent of vanilla and rose water... As much as I seek revenge on the Judge, I miss Ella very badly...

I wondered if she was married now or if she was happy with another man... That's all I want for her...

Mia's P.O.V.

I burst in through the doors of Collinwood, heading straight for my room...

I packed all my things before running out of the haunted house. I got into a carriage before heading to New York...

Sweeney's P.O.V.

I stared at Mrs. Lovett while she slept peacefully... Maybe I should've chosen her instead of Mia...

I kneeled down in front of her armchair and her big eyes slowly fluttered open and I hesitated before caressing her cheek softly...

"What's the matter Mr. T?", she asked softly.

I smiled softly as she stared down at me...

"Mr. T... Are you alright?", she asked, a bit scared.

"I'm fine Nellie...", I whispered.

"Did you just call me 'Nellie'?", she asked.

"Yes...", I whispered.

Mia's P.O.V.

Once I was in New York, I headed straight for a ship heading for London...

I missed my auntie very badly...