Chapter 9

I woke up in bed with a cloth over my forehead. A doctor came in and took a look at me before confirming my condition.

"I will be back in a week to see how she's going...", he said before walking out.

Sweeney walked in and it reminded me of the baby my auntie is now carrying. How could he do that? One minute he loves me, the next her... I started to silently cry rubbing my eyes.

1 week later

The doctor came back and I trembled as he checked up on me. He nodded and stroked my hair sadly.

I pretended I wasn't conscious and I heard him talking to my auntie...

"I'm truly sorry, but whatever happened to her caused her to become nuts! She will sadly have to be sent to Bedlam, Fogg's asylum...", the doctor said causing me to jump out of bed.

"No! I'm not nuts... I was just a little shocked by the news...", I said.

He pulled me out of the house as I screamed in pain. I saw Sweeney staring and pulling his razor out. My auntie calmed him down and waved at me... She didn't want me in the house!

When we reached the asylum, Mr. Fogg locked me up with the brunettes. I stared at them and they growled at me.

I stared out at the streets through the window with heavy bars. I saw the Judge getting out of a coach and I yelled after him. He looked side to side and then entered a building before I saw him through the window... He too... Was unfaithful...

I cried and a girl about my age crawled over to me biting my leg.

"Ow! Watch it creep!", I yelled.

"Sorry, I just can't help it... I'm really hungry...", she said.

"Yeah well I'm not your food!", I said before climbing off the wall and got onto a crowded bed.

2 months later

I was hungry, tired and scared in this place... It was creepy and I simply hated it!

Suddenly, Anthony bursted in with Mr. Fogg. Mr. Fogg smiled down at me before growling, scaring all the other girls around me.

"Smile for the young man...", he said to me before pulling me up by my hand causing me to wince.

"Where do I cut sir?", he asked Anthony.

Anthony suddenly pulled a pistol out pointing it towards Mr. Fogg who was scared out of his wits. Anthony grabbed my hand before walking out.

"Thank you so much for getting me out of here!", I yelled while running.

"It's nothing!", he said gasping for air.

We reached Mrs. Lovett's meat pies shop and I walked in, all grubby and dirty. My hair was a mess! I walked into my room smiling when I saw all my luggage was still there.

I changed into a corset and dress. I walked out and grabbed an apron when I saw customers. They walked in ordering meat pies. I looked through the cupboard but I saw no meat.

"Wait here sir, I will just run down to get some meat.", I said before running into the streets.

I bought minced meat before going back to the shop. I made more than a dozen pies before closing the shop for the day. I heard the door open as I was cleaning the table.

"Sorry, we're closed...", I said looking up and seeing my auntie wide eyed.

"Oh, we made a lot of money today... Enough to make more than 50 more pies...", I said putting on a fake smile.

Her stomach was now a visible lump...

"I see something's cooking in there...", I said joking around and pointing at her stomach before scrubbing the dishes.

"How did you get out of the asylum!?", she asked hugging me tightly.

"Anthony saved me! He said Mr. Todd sent him to get me...", I replied.

That night, I heard the door open revealing a tired Sweeney... I sat up and he stared down at me before running over and hugging me.

I pulled away angrily...

"The child isn't mine...", he said, shocking me.

"Then whose is it?", I asked.

"Some French man's she met... His wife isn't able to have a child so Mrs. Lovett decided to give birth instead, she is more healthy and prepared. When she does give birth, the man and his wife will come to London to adopt the child...", he explained.

I drowned in a sea of embarrassment. Sweeney hugged me and pulled me into a kiss. I tugged at his hair as he kissed my forehead and cheek. I flipped him over and I lay on top of him as I kissed his cheeks.

My auntie coughed to get our attention...

"Mr. T? What on earth are you doing to my niece!?", she asked shocked.

"Ah... I was just helping her to get to sleep...", he lied.

My auntie pulled me off him and slapped me causing me to fall to the ground. I guess I deserved this for all the trouble I caused.

Sweeney growled at her before grabbing his razor secretly...

"Sweeney!!!", I screamed causing him to drop the razor he was holding.

I stood up and my auntie pulled me up dropping me onto the bed. A single tear fell down my cheek as I stared down at the covers of my bed.

"Why are you doing this!? I'm pregnant! Are you purposely trying to make me miscarry?", she asked.

"You know I love him, are you trying to make me jealous!? Is that what you're trying to do, aye!?", she yelled sitting on the edge of the bed.

I slowly drifted off to sleep as I heard Sweeney singing with her...