Chapter 18

After 6 months of waiting, Mrs. Lovett returned safely and after she had a nice long rest, I talked to her...

"Mrs. Lovett... I would like to leave...", I said nervously and she just looked up at me, confused.

"Why love?", she asked.

"Well, I don't really want to stay here anymore... I feel uncomfortable you see... It isn't a very pleasant feeling... Not pleasant at all...", I said.

"Oh... Sweeney's gonna be really upset, but... Do your thing, farewell... Ella... And thank you...", she said, standing up and hugging me.

After packing my things, I looked back at the room and smiled, letting a tear roll down my cheek as I said goodbye to everything and was on my way... To America...

Just as I opened the door, Sweeney turned me around and tasted my lips for the last time, before he watched my hand slip out of his.

I cried as I ran away from the building... Goodbye my love...

I got onto a boat and was on my way to New York...

When I arrived a couple months later, the boat docked and I got off, grabbing my luggage and walking down the street.

I saw a couple of small signs, but it was the big one that caught my attention...

It read 'Collinsport'... I took a carriage and was on my way...

3 months later

I was scrubbing the floor near the balcony, when I suddenly heard a woman's voice...

"Promise we'll be together forever...", she said.

"God is my witness, Josette... I swear it!", a man said, softly French kissing her.

I sighed and wondered if Sweeney had married or even found happiness, I hope he's ok... I never meant to hurt him...

Sweeney's P.O.V.

I grabbed the bottle of gin and forced the whole thing down...

I was stressed, depressed and lonely... The only time I feel loved now is when Mrs. Lovett kisses my forehead whenever she thinks I'm feeling down...

Ella was something else... She was the center of my world... The only person who could read my emotions and the way I felt about her... But, I could tell that she was unhappy while she was here... I ruined her life... Just like I ruined Mia's... They both ran away...

I took a cup and filled it up with ale, drinking the whole thing. I sat down on the counter and sighed, staring at a picture of Lucy and Johanna...

"I never should've got involved with another woman... I never should've stopped getting revenge on that bloody old Judge! He ruined my life! If he hadn't taken you away, we would've been together now, watching Johanna grow and get married and have children of her own... We could've had another child together... 2 is never too much... Life could've been perfect for the both of us my dear... I'll get revenge... If it's the last thing I do...", I whispered.

Mia's P.O.V.

I continued scrubbing the floor before I heard footsteps and felt like someone was watching me...

"You missed a spot!", Barnabas yelled, so I scrubbed.

"Sorry my lord...", I said.

"My father requests that he sees you right away... As soon as you scrub there, you missed that spot!", he said.

I ran to his father's office, where I was greeted by a young woman, scrubbing the floor in front of the door.

I knocked on the door softly...

"Enter!", I heard a rough voice yell.

When I walked in, I was greeted by Barnabas' father, who beckoned for me to take a seat... I kneeled down in front of him, inches away from him and looked up at him as he placed a hand on my cheek. I tilted my head so I was deeper in his touch.

"Is Barnabas bothering you again?", he whispered and I nod my head.

He caressed my cheek before he heard a knock at the door...

"Enter!", he said.

"Father, I would li- Oh... What is she doing here?", Barnabas asked, storming into the room.

He walked up to me and pulled me up by my hair gently.

"Is she bothering you father?", he asked and his father shook his head.

"Get out Barnabas, I'm in the middle of something...", he said.

Barnabas obeyed, giving me a deadly glare before closing the door. I looked up at Mr. Collins who stared at the door for a moment, before turning to me and caressing my cheek softly...

"My wife wants me to walk around the house tonight just to check if it was constructed well... That's all...", he said, but I could tell he was lying.

"Oh... Yes my lord...", I said sighing.

The next day, I walked outside and into the yard, only to be greeted by a horrifying sight...

There, before me, laying on the ground lifeless, was the corpse of Barnabas' father, along with his mother...

"Barnabas!!!", I yelled, starting to cry very hard.

He came running out and stopped when he realized what I was staring at...

"No..." he whispered.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!", he yelled.

A single tear found it's way down my cheek, knowing that now... I was stuck with abusive Barnabas Collins who soon turned to the world of darkness and mystery...