Chapter 2: First Love...? (part 2)

Start from the beginning

'Where is my umbrella?! If I don't have any umbrella, I can't go home... Everyone has gone back to home too...'

Still thinking about how to go back to my home without wetness, I began to hear the sound of rain falling, the longer the more audible. I turned my head to look at the sky again. It was raining now and the sky had become completely dark. I quickly put my things into my schoolbag again and ran back towards the old school building to to take shelter from the rain.

I panted as I lowered my head, wiping rain water that wet my face with my right arm. It seems I was not lucky today... First, I lost my umbrella. Second, my body was wet due to rain.

"Kayano?"

I gasped when I heard that voice. It was... definitely Nagisa's voice.

I tilted my head up to see Nagisa who was standing in front of me while carrying an umbrella with his right hand and his schoolbag with his left hand.

"Why are you soaking wet?", Nagisa asked as he knelt down in front of me with concern.

I shook my head and smiled to him. "Nothing. I was looking for my umbrella, but suddenly it's raining."

"Aah..." Nagisa gave me an awkward smile as he sweatdropped upon hearing my words.

'Did I say something wrong?'

"Umm... I have an umbrella. Do you want to go home together with me? Since everyone has gone home," Nagisa asked with a gentle smile on his face.

I started thinking for a few seconds after hearing his offer. 'Probably I can say sorry to him...'

I nodded my head slowly as a reply, but I just stared at the ground below me as light red blush appeared on my cheeks.

"Before that, you will sick if you continue to wear that wet uniform," Nagisa said as he started removing his blazer and wrapped it around my body. "I will lend you my blazer for now. Let's go."

"W-Wait-", I said but my words was cut off by him.

"It's fine. You can return it tomorrow," Nagisa replied as a smile spreaded on his face.

I watched him holding his umbrella and pulling it up in the air while turning around to face me. A smile still on his face, then he reached out his right hand to help me stand up. I put my hand on his and he pulled me up. Seeing he cared for me, my face started burning up, but I instantly shook my head to wipe out my shame.

We started walking home in silence. We didn't talk about anything, just walking carefully because it's difficult to walk on wet soils mixed with water. I could only hear the sound of raindrops that fell to the ground. The sound gradually became louder due to increasingly heavy rain. We walked down the mountain as I continued staring at Nagisa's hand which was holding the umbrella, didn't dare to look at his face because I was sure that my face was completely red.

"Kayano."

I startled upon hearing him call my name, but I still looked to the front with a smile, not bothering to look at his face. "What?"

"When you said that you hate me this morning... Was it the answer to my confession?", Nagisa asked with no emotion.

I widened my eyes when I heard that. After a minute, I closed my eyes and started smiling again, "No. I don't hate you. I just..."

"'Just'?", Nagisa asked again as he tilted his head.

I stopped walking and gave pause to determine what I would say to answer him. I didn't know what I should say at the time like this. It's not a drama, so there's no a dialogue that I should remember and say when the time came.