Chapter 8

With a flutter, neon eyes looked around the bedroom in confusion before realizing it was their room. Sitting up, she rubbed her head and looked down in confusion that not only she felt something else on her other than her blanket. It was a huge black leather jacket. Gently, she picked it up and thought back to why she had it. Then it clicked.

"Oh my god, I went on a date with Danny Phantom!"

She stared in shock at the jacket for a few minutes before a small blush and smile crossed her face. A knock on the door startled her out of her thoughts.

"Em? Are you awake, it's almost time for school."

Ember looked at the jacket again before going back to staring at her closed door as if her best friend was standing there.

"Yeah! I'll be down there soon." She called back.

-----------------------------------------------------

Danny sighed as girls flocked him as he gathered his books from his locker. All morning they asked about Ember and he kept his mouth shut. Gossip was not his thing and he was not going to have these girls try anything funny against Ember. Not that she couldn't take care of herself but he was mostly concerned on what she would do to them.

He looked to his right where he heard groans and shouts of protest and chuckled to see Valerie and his sister Jazz shoving the other girls away non too gently to make their way towards him. He gave Valerie a hug and he and his sister exchanged notes as they made their way through the crowd to their classes.

"You know Dan, since you skipped a year, it's kinda fun having a little brother as smart as his sister in the same grade as her." Jazz cooed.

He lightly shoved her. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you guys."

Valerie huffed, "It's too bad that the classes are mixed with the Juniors, too."

"But not all." He reminded her.

"Danny!"

His eyes zeroed in in front of him but not at Kitty and Johnny's waves but at Ember, who nervously picked at the black leather that was neatly folded in her arms. He ignored the nudges that the small females gave him along with a smirk and walked towards the three ghosts.

"What's up?" He asked, finally taking his eyes off of Ember and gave his greetings towards the other two.

"Nothing much man, just trying to get Kitty to stop embarrassing people."

Kitty gasped in mock outrage. "I do not!"

Johnny gave her a look and shook his head. "Whatever you say babe. Time for class. Hey Jazz, what's up Val?"

"Hey!" They all grouped together and walked past him and Ember, who had yet to say a word until now.

"Hey Danny! Uhm, I really had a great time last night."

He smiled, leaning against a locker. "I had fun, too. By the way, I didn't think you'd be so light either."

She puffed her cheeks at him and came closer to smack his arm. "You calling me fat?"

"Am I?" He smarted back, dodging the next hit with a laugh.

"Anyway, uh, here's your jacket." She timidly held out his jacket with a blush.

He pursed his lips and cocked his head to the side. His mind traveling at high speed as he stared at the female in front of him. Reaching out, he took the jacket and unfolded it.

"Well, time for class." He watched her push a piece of fallen hair back behind her ear. When she turned around, he acted quick and pulled the leather jacket on her form. She jumped and looked back at him in surprise, his huge jacket dwarfing her tiny form.