Chapter 20: Stage 2 will now begin

Start from the beginning

"Uhhh I uhhhh?..." I look at Eric to see him drawing his brows together, "I don't know uhh since I met Eric when I was still an amity dependent, our first time was that day but I'm pretty sure we used protection..." I answer but as she writes things down,she looks up at me, "but you aren't protected correct?" She asks and I must've given her the answer then and there as I must've look confused to her.

"It's all good and all that Eric did use a condom but since you weren't on any contraceptive pills or devices, it's always possible that Eric's condom could've been broken or faulty, and since you aren't protected, you could actually be a lot more farther along, have you been active since then and have you been using protection?" She asks.

"Not since arriving at dauntless and only with Eric and we.." I start, "but we haven't been using protection since she's been in dauntless, the times we have been together, have been moments of.. Passion" he speaks up, basically saying that Eric and I were too busy at that time to think about using protection.

"Well it might not seem to matter until we find out how far along she is, so Aurelia can I get you to go up to the bed and change into the gown but leave your pants on, I'm hoping to do an ultrasound okay?" She asks me and I nod and squeeze Eric's hand as I stand up and move to the bed behind the curtain and quickly take off my shirt and bra and pants as I decided but I left my knickers in and I hopped up on the bed and cleared my throat.

Eric then pulls back the curtain and takes the seat next to me and focuses on the machine, Dr Pedrad wasn't far behind Eric as she enters just after him and just smiles at me as she puts on gloves, "okay sweetie, I'm going to lift your gown up and put some gel on and then a probe onto the gel to see inside okay?" She explains to me and I nod as I help her pull my gown up.

I hear Eric gasp and his eyes widen, Im confused until I look at my stomach and see that from this point of view that it looks different, "I defiantely think you're more farther along than predicted but let's check that for sure okay?" She says as she squeezes gel onto my stomach and I jump at the coldness which makes her chuckle as she picks up a probe looking device and she places it on my stomach where the gel is.

She then takes a look around and I turn my head to look at Eric who is still looking at my stomach and I reach my arm out to grab his hand, he averts his eyes to look at me and takes my hand and gives me a small smile, we sit there like that for a while until I hear her speak out "okay, looking at what I see here, I'd say that your little one is just at 3 months, so being 3 months pregnant, means that you conceived back in amity when you were still a dependent" she explains as she puts to a shape on the monitor.

And I know that then and there that that is my, our baby, I start to feel tears well up in my eyes, it looks perfect "do you know what I'm having?" I ask her and she shakes her head, "no,not yet unfortunately, although I guarantee everyone in dauntless and possibly the city would like to know what you're having, we have to wait until you're about 5-7 months along so that the baby can have time to grow more and we'll see more clearly okay?" She explains to us and I nod my head.

She then presses a button and a flash goes off, then she presses another button and the monitor turns off and the room is in darkness once again, until I hear her walk off and then the lights switch back on and she's back at our side "all right love, I'm just hopping out to print some pictures of the bub, while you go and get changed okay?" She asks me before she walks out of her office and closes the door.

I hop off the bed immediately and start to get changed when I feel Eric's hand turn me around and places them on my hips with his fingers splayed possessively on my stomach "it's perfect, our baby is perfect" he whispers to me with his eyes closed and his forehead meeting mine, I lean into him and smile "of course our baby is perfect, I mean look at it's parents" I brag and he smiles with his eyes still closed.