Chapter 3: "I'm in"

Start from the beginning

"When my brother found his mate, your daughter Poppy, he was ridiculed because she'd already mated. That along with a troubled pack life already, brought us to the decision that we'd be happiest alone".

"I see. I'm terribly sorry for what happened that day. It has not been easy on either of them, but there is a lot more to the situation that both you and Oliver don't know."

I was suddenly annoyed at the man sitting in front of me. It was all very well of him to say that, but didn't he owe Oliver an explanation? He hadn't had to spend weeks afterwards looking after a heart-broken brother. Of course, I didn't let my anger show, that would have been completely counter productive and I had a feeling that Alpha Eliot wouldn't appreciate my backchat.

"Yes well. It's all in the past now". I bit out with as much annoyance in my voice as I could get away with. I looked away from his piercing gaze. By this stage, I just wanted his answer so I could leave. I had a lot hanging on this meeting. If I wasn't granted permission to stay, I would have no choice but to leave, which would completely ruin any dream I ever had of becoming a doctor. Not to mention a normal human being.

"What will your brother be doing during this time? It's never wise to have wolves on their own. We're pack animals."

["Well duh" ] My wolf mentally sighed as he stated the obvious.

[How patronising can he be? Does he think we don't know how our species works? If it wasn't for him and his family we wouldn't be in this situation" ]

"Shut up" I mentally replied to her. We needed to get this over and done with.

Despite my internal fustration with my wolf, I responded with ease to the Alpha's question.

"He's found himself a job down south for a while. It's about a two hour drive from Leeds. He wasn't happy to leave me at first, but we both agreed we need to get on with our lives. He's going to drive up every two weeks to visit me though." 

"Well that sounds satisfactory. Given the circumstances that you and your brother have found yourself in due to my family's indirect involvement, I think the least I can do is allow you permission to stay on my territory for the duration of your degree" He smiled at me.

I grinned back "Thank you Alpha. You won't even know I'm here" I began to get up off my chair and I held my arm out to shake his hand for the second time. When our hand connected, I felt a shiver run up my spine. My wolf shuddered in discomfort. I really didn't like Alpha Eliot, there was something strange about him that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

 Luckily, Alpha Eliot didn't notice my act of repulsion.

"I'm glad to be able to provide some sort of peace offering between us Ophelia. I really am sorry for what happened between your brother and my daughter". Yeah right, you creep.

He ushered me out the door and began to walk me back to the front entrance. The awkward silence was only broken when the Alpha finally seemed to find another question to ask. "When do you start your course then Ophelia?" 

"I'm actually set to move in tomorrow. I left it a bit late to see you I'm afraid" I replied sheepishly.

He chuckled "Yes, you did. However, I must warn you about living life as a solitary wolf Ophelia. We are not known to respond well to isolation from a pack, it's even been known to drive wolves insane. In fact, I warned my son of the very same thing when he applied to university"

This peaked my interest. I was the only wolf I'd ever heard of to pursue higher education. Most had no need for it, preferring to learn how to fight, cook and be with their mates.

"Your son is also attending university?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Indeed he is. I'm not particularly happy about the idea. I'm not sure whether he's going to learn, to move out of home or to meet girls. I suspect it's the last one" He looked slightly proud as I scoffed at his confession.

"What do expect from an Alpha to be?" Secretly, I hated that kind of behaviour. It seemed as though no young male werewolf could keep it in their pants until they found their mate. It really disgusted me. However, I didn't think voicing my strong opinion on this matter would get me on the good side of any Alpha, especially when it was about his beloved son.

He looked down at me. "Ah. You understand the ways of the young werewolf boys. I'm making him come back on weekends to train anyway. Can't have him getting away from any future Alpha duties".

I smiled at him. I felt like my jaw muscles were aching with all the smiling I was doing at the moment. At this point we'd reached the door and Alpha Eliot had opened it for me. I was standing in the entrance shielding my eyes from the morning sun. 

"I wish you luck in your future studies Ophelia. I can tell you will make a brilliant doctor. I hope to see you again soon." He grabbed the handle of the door, ready pull it shut.

"Thank you for granting me permission Alpha. I really appreciate it."

I made my way down the path towards my brother's car as the Alpha closed the large, wooden door behind me. As I approached the car I banged on the window and woke Olly up from his sleep with a jump. He jerked awake as he flung his head around searching for the source of his rude awakening. I opened the door and sat back in the seat as he glared at me.

"Take it as revenge for shaking me awake earlier". I grinned at him.

"Evil" He muttered. He suddenly remembered why we were here in the first place.

"Well then? How did it go? Are you in?" He quesitioned me.

I chuckled as he started the engine making his way down the driveway. "I'm in"

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

To anyone that just happens to be reading this- once again, thank you very much! Please comment with any constructive criticism/ any other stuff you think would be helpful for me to hear! I've got some new characters lined up for the next chapter and Fee's life is going to be turned upside down a bit! See ya x

Ps. Don't forget to COMMENT and FAN