Chapter Two

FLASHBACK

"Well, well if it isn't the rich boy." My bullies taunted, "Whatcha playing in the dirt for!"

Why was I always picked on just because my dad has a large amount of money!? Sometimes it was by other 8 year olds like me but most of the time those who bullied me where older.

"Leave me alone! I haven't done anything to you!" I shouted.

"Hey! You know you're not allowed to talk back!" One shouted.

"I think we should give him something for his bravery." Another states as they circled around me.

"Hey!" A female voice shouted.

I was able to look over to see a girl, maybe my age or a year younger, holding a large brown satchel. She wore a too large helmet on her head, completely hiding her identity. Her legs and arms were covered in cuts, scraps and bandages.

"Leave him alone before I knock your teeth out!"

My bullies just laughed and stalked towards me again. Before they could do anything, rocks were suddenly being pelted towards them. They quickly ran off to avoid this little girl's wraith.

The mystery girl they walked up towards me and outstretched her hand. I took it and slowly stood up, staring with awe.

"T-Thank you..." I hesitated.

"Try not to get your butt kicked anymore, you only get one!"

She began to walk away but I stopped her, "Who are you?"

"Don't worry about it, I doubt we will meet again."
___________________

Her fist came in contact with me, bringing me out of my own head. I pushed her off before jumping to my own feet. I groan in pain at the sudden movement.

The woman- Odessa- stands as well, holding her side, as she tries to take another swing at me. I grab her wrist this time.

"Let go of me!" She yells.

"You can't be in here!" The doctor states..

I didn't pay attention to a single word he said, I was too busy looking at Odessa. She was a wild one that's for sure. As I studied her I noticed the damage on her body some new and some old. She squints her brown eyes at me in both confusion and annoyance.

"Why are you looking at me..?"

"I.. uh-"

"EXCUSE YOU!" The doctor shouted, "You cannot be here! This woman-"

"No, excuse YOU!" I yelled back, "I don't care for anything you have to say now get out of my sight before I have you fired!"

"You can't fire me!" The doctor yelled back, "Your family may be rich but they don't own this hospital!"

He was right.

Before I could shout back with another witty comment, the girl ripped her arm from my grasp and right-hooked me right in that jaw.

I stumbled back into the wall, banging my head against it in the process. I groaned and rubbed my sore jaw.

"I'm not even close to done with you, rich boy!" She spat.

"I'm calling the police!" The doctor says as he reaches for the phone.

"Wait!" I shout as I stand up, "Check her out to me!"

The girl- Odessa- looks at me with a mixture of anger and confusion. The doctor slowly puts down the phone as he turns his attention back to me.

"Sorry, Mr.Price, I can't do that. That would be unethical."

"Look, I caused this crash so I have to do something good to cover up the bad," I stated. "I'll pay her bills."

"Listen-" He begins but is cut off.

"It's fine," Odessa speaks. "Let rich boy over here pay my bills."

He pauses, "Fine.. fine, she yours."

I sigh and walk out of the room and head towards the front desk, waiting for this girl to get her things and get dressed. I sign both her and myself out.

"See ya soon, Ethan." The woman at the front desk laughed.

"Very funny.." I walked outside to the front of the hospital and waited until a red sports car pulled up in front of me. I waited a little while longer until Odessa finally walked out of the hospital.

She is wearing a leather jacket over a white tank top and skinny jeans. They are noticeably tattered from the wreak she endured last night. She squints from the bright light and pulls out a pair of shades in response and twirls them in her hand.

"You're not gonna drive right?" She asked.

"Nope. I'm still buzzed!" I laughed.

Odessa gave me an angry look. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously and opened the car door for her.

"I... I was just joking around..." I stated.

"Well, your jokes almost got me killed." She said as she ignores the opened passenger door and goes to sit in the driver's seat.

I pause as I mull over her, "You don't seem so hesitant to go with me, Odessa. I was expecting you to put up a fight."

"Why fight," She begins as she puts on her shades, "When I can milk this thing for all its worth."

I grow a bit angry. I was about to say something when a nurse ran up to us holding something in her hands.

"Ms! You forgot this!" She hand Odessa a violet colored parcel. "It was the only thing besides you that survived that crash."

Odessa thanked her and took the umbrella from her. She silently studies the umbrella giving it a once-over. She is clearly in deep thought and my anger soon subsides.

"Are you ok..?" I asked as I get into the passenger seat.

She snaps her head to look at me and then scoffs, "Why do you care, rich boy?"

"Can't a guy care?"

She turns away and sits in silence for a bit. Soon it becomes too uncomfortable and I try to lighten the mood.

"Well, you have clearly taken over the ship so where do you want to go eat?" I ask. "My treat, I know you're hungry and that hospital food wasn't cutting it."

I hated having to play nice to this girl, but I had to. She was clearly only after my money and I don't need her getting it. Dad said one more lawsuit and he is cutting my allowance and I can't have that happening!

Odessa started the engine, the sound of my sports car purring always put me in a good me.

"Food sounds good." She calmly said.

"Great!" I said.

"Let's drive!"