2.6// Teenage Drama Queen

Start from the beginning

It was a mess to say the least, there were empty food packets everywhere. The curtains were closed, and the lights were off. The room pretty much resembled a cave, but Autumn nor Nikki commented on it. Melody didn't seem phased that they had walked into the room, her eyes were glued to her computer screen. Her hair was a rat's nest, and the bags under her eyes were apparent.

"Mel?" Autumn said quietly, trying not to startle her.

Melody shifted her eyes to where her friends were standing, but said nothing. She had barely spoken to her parents, and she definitely did not want to talk to Autumn or Nikki because they would make her talk about the incident. She in no way shape or form was ready to talk about Luke.

"Listen you need to get out of your room," Nikki sighed, walking over to the windows and drawing the curtains.

Melody's eyes watered at the bright light, she had been looking at her laptop for far too long. She shut her laptop and pushed it to the side of her bed.

"I don't want to," Melody mumbled, she wasn't ready to act all happy go lucky around people.

Nikki narrowed her eyes, "Tough titty, you need to come to school tomorrow."

Melody blinked a few times in surprise, "It's been three days, I'm allowed to still feel sad."

"You're allowed to feel sad, but sitting in your room for days isn't going to help you," Autumn chimed in.

"So we're going to pick you out a hot outfit, and you're going to wear it tomorrow and knock everyone dead," Nikki beamed, already getting up to search through Melody's closet.

Melody had no say in the matter so she let her friends dig through her clothes to find something acceptable for her to wear. The girls had picked out a black high neckline tank top, a plaid pleated skirt, a jean jacket, a black pair of thigh high socks, and her black converse. Melody didn't mind the outfit, the black suited her mood.

"Bold lip, winged liner sharp enough to stab you know who," Nikki instructed Melody.

"Sure thing," she nodded, not caring enough to disagree with Nikki.

Autumn and Nikki hadn't made Melody talk about Luke, they figured that if Melody wanted to talk about it she would bring it up. There was no need to get her upset by forcing her to talk about it now. They decided watching Netflix was their best option to spend time with Melody, so that's what they did. They left when they saw that Melody had fallen asleep, they put her laptop away, and quietly snuck out of her house.

Melody didn't remember falling asleep but she had woken up early enough to take a shower, thankfully, because her hair was an absolute mess. After she had gotten herself ready she was giving herself a mental pep talk. She didn't know how she was going to make it through chem with Luke sitting right next to her. Before she could think of it too much she got into her car and drove to school.

She sat in her car in the parking lot for a bit, trying to calm herself down. When she accepted that she wasn't getting any calmer she left the safety of her vehicle, and made her way inside the building.

To: Icky Nikki
I'm at my locker please come

Melody basically had her head shoved into her locker, so nobody saw her, and she saw nobody. A few minutes later Autumn and Nikki were by her side, and she relaxed a tiny bit.

"You look good," Autumn complimented.

She might have looked good, but she was not feeling good. She was probably going to puke when she saw Luke, or Ashton, or even Michael.

"I want to go home," Melody whined, she wasn't ready for this yet. Even though it was ridiculous to miss school because of a boy, she couldn't help the way she was feeling.