"Isn't it a more of a reason to not drink?"

Derek proclaimed and with that walked out of the lounge to just get out, away from the awkwardness hanging in the air above both of their head. He walked passed by the narrow passage connecting the private lounge to the main club, but came to halt when a voice interrupted him from behind,

"Mr. Christopher.?"

"So much to keep a low profile." Derek murmured exasperatedly and turned around with a smile that could actually brighten the whole block with light.

"Mr...?" he asked furrowing

"Victor. Joseph Victor."

The man broadened his shoulder and held his head high, as if he is introducing a king or some fine personality.

"And you are who? Derek questioned arching his brow.

"Well, I am one of the investor of this club. It's too good to see you here; at least someone from the Christopher & Co. has not forgotten us." He said and brought his hand forward in acknowledgement.
Derek shook his head and tried to maintain the smile that had already taken half of the energy produced by his body,

"Mr. Victor? Right.?

He nodded smilingly.

"I still don't know or been acquainted to any of the business fellows of the company or of my Dad. So pardon me for my rudeness but I don't think I am of any use to you t this moment or even in the future."

"But sir...."the smile on the man falters a bit, "I am just here to greet you."

"Don't take me as a fool Mr. Victor. I am well aware of your presence here, tonight. I know the news has already reached to you of me getting a position of CEO in the company and here you are grabbing the earliest opportunity to reinstil your position in the company by pleasing me. I might be new to this thing but I am not born yesterday, Mr. Victor.

Mr. Victor gulped hard.

"I might not be acquainted with fellow board members or fully aware of the things going on in the company but I know a wolf when I see one. I have already read your quarrel with my father and so do with the owner of this club in the newspaper."

"I am an asset." He said regaining the posture of solidity.

"That will be decided soon by the members of the company board and as I recall I am not one yet."

With a nod Derek walked away and headed towards the bar, a part of him wanted to head back to the lounge but he walked away anyway.

He got one thing, no matter how much he run away from the light, he will always ends up under it. So why need to run away anymore, he walked up to the bar and order his usual drink until his gaze fall on the T.V showing the news of him announcing as the new face of the Christopher & co. as their CEO.

He could feel the air escaping his lungs. As he saw his face flashed on it. He knew it from his childhood that he will be the heir, he will one day join his father will be like his father but what he is scared of most is that what if he become like him.

He started walking away from the bar to the lounge back, everything seems to crumbling down, weighing on him making it hard to breath.

Before he could hold himself he stumbled on his way and ran into something soft, no.. hard but covered with something soft and audible..?

"Wait, audible?" He thought

"Watch your step?" the voice whined

He looked up instantly and saw the luciferous brown eyes staring back at him ferociously.