Chapter 8: At the Midst of the Statues

8: 30 in the morning.

"Yes! Finally I have my armor!" I hopped my way upstairs to the second floor. "This is it! With this armor I could now smell my dream."

"Hey! Can you shut your mouth for a second?" Gol complained. "As you can see there's lot of people in here."

I look around and I found Heroes passed through us heading to their Training room and that's the only time I heard their footsteps. "Oppss... Hehe, I just notice it..." I apologized while robbing the back of my head.

I took again a look to the people around us, and noticed that they all worn their armor and I saw a smile in their faces. Maybe they feel as wonderful as me, I guessed, hehehe. But there was another thing that captured my attention; it was the color of their armors. I noticed that there were only two colors of armor on the second floor, pale blue and pale red.

"Did you know why our armors are different in colors?"

"Seriously?" Gol reacted."Yeah! I'm serious!""Everybody knows that the colors of our armors represent our rank! How come that you didn't know that?"

"Ah, yeah! I remember it now! Hehehe." Yeah I remembered... The two colors represented two ranks, the Dos and the Tres. The pale blue armor was for the Dos and the pale red armor was for the Tres. And for the Uno was pale yellow armor.

"It's just a color anyway!" I commented. "By the way I also remember one thing... , I remember that you said, you have no friend..."

"Yeah I said it..."

"Then why I've got some feeling that for you Mina is not only your cousin but also is your friend... Are you lying to me back then?"

"Hey! I did it on purpose, you know... Assume that I told you that I have a friend and that friend was a girl... What would be your reaction?"

"Let's see..." as I was thinking of my reaction, an image of Gol wearing girlie stuff came into my mind."Ewwww...."

"Hey! What are you thinking?!" He asked, maybe he hinted what I'm thinking, hehehe. "See that's what I mean!"

"Yeah! Yeah! I got it... Let's just not mention that disgusting stuff, hehehe"

"Hey! What disgusting stuff?!"

"Hehehe... By the way what should we do now?" I misdirected the topic intentionally, hehehe. "I've got an idea!"

"What was that?" He asked.

"Let's go to the third floor!"

"What? We are not allowed there! Only Unos and Mayors are."

"It's not a problem; in fact, I'm a Mayor to be and you are a former Uno... hehehe."

"Ahm... maybe you have a point."

"You're really a genius pal! Hehe..."

We went to the third floor. It was a wide open beautiful place; it was very different compare to the lower floors. First it was very clean and it's smell like a garden full of flower. Each walls had big open windows, with red curtains, except to the wall, which divided the third floor right on the middle, rather it only have a big brown door. They said inside the other side of this floor was the Unos training area and it had a door that leads to the room that connected the Military Base and the palace; it was the Mayors' Circle. In the Mayors' Circle, only people with the Heneral's permission were allowed there. In special occasions, such as emergency meetings, the King and his council also went in to that place.

I loved the way the windows' curtains danced as the strong wind entered the room: obviously we had a windy day now. The feature that amazed me most was the big statues placed on the wall next to each window, these are the statues of the previous Hero Mayors.

"Wow! I can't believe this! It's cool! Can you see this Gol?! These are the statue of the great Mayors..."

"That one!" I pointed the statue of a longhaired man, which was holding a jaw of an animal, "He's Mayor Samsun, and he killed thousands of monsters just using an animal's jaw."

"This is Mayor David!" This time I pointed a statue of an average man with a sling on his hand. "He killed a big monster when he was just a kid."

I pointed each statue, for I know every Great Mayors and their great deeds, hehehe.

"And this is Mayor Solomon! He's the wisest Mayor of all, he's the only Mayor that became a King and he gave ordinary people chance to help in protecting the Kingdom by becoming a normal military. And he protected the kingdom to the threat of the flying monsters." 

"You know them well, didn't you?" Gol said.

"Hehehe."

"They built these statues here in the third floor so that the Unos and especially the Mayors remember the deeds of these Great Mayors and how they love the Kingdom." Gol explained.

"Soon I'll have my statue here too!" I exclaimed extending my two hands.

"You really love big words," Gol replied.

"Hahaha! Big words from a losers and weak are just a noisy sound of broken cymbals," a sharp but intimidating voice spoke. An average height, white slender yet muscular man approached us. He looked cool with His pink hair which look like a candle fire placed on his long face matched with  his pointed chin but his violet upturn small eyes were sharp as a blade as if it would pierce my soul as it met my eyes.

He came closer and closer. "Long time no see" he greeted Gol, as if they were close.

"Did you know him?" I asked Gol curiously.

"Yeah he's Jediael..." Gol answered angrily, "one of the three passers of our Uno examination."

"What was the feeling of being a loser?" Jediael asked Gol... Now he's one step closer from us.

"Hey! Are you mocking my friend?" I defended Gol, for I saw Gol was downed by Jediael's words.

"I see, this little one is your friend... Hahaha, they said that 'birds with the same feathers flock together'," he answered, leaning his body towards us while his hands buried in his trousers' pockets. "Hahaha! As what I've heard, you little one wants to be a Mayor, Hahaha,.. Are you kidding me?"

As I heard those words, I felt my blood gone high but I held myself... 'Just ignore him' I thought.

"You're a Tres! Don't forget that... You have no place here... Dream is only for us who are on the top!" he said that while pulling back his body. He stood straight and he stared at me with his leaned back a little, and in the way he looked I could tell that he was looking down at me. "You losers, don't have right to dream!"

"I can't hold it anymore" I thought, so I bursted out:

"It's not true! Dream is for all! We don't need status! What we need are perseverance and faith... I will be a Hero Mayor, I guarantee that to you!"

"Hahaha!" He laughed.."Prove it to me!"

"What did you mean?" I asked.

"Let's have a duel. Prove to me that what you're talking about is true." He challenged me.

'Another duel?' I thought. But it was diminished for my determination to prove my stand reigned at that time.

"I accept that!"

"Let's go to the Combat platform!" he instructed. As he turned his back to us, for the last time he stared at me again with his piercing small eyes and said

"And I will prove you too that you're wrong, loser."