Chapter 4.B : At the Courtyard

The King took the papyrus and he read it:

"Report from Mayor Zedha, Commander Heneral of the Marine Force:

                It was a silent afternoon and I was sitting on my desk when a sudden report came. One of my army rushed in to my room and said that they found an unconscious marine on a piece of wood floating. They recognized that he's from the North Sea Border by the badge pinned on his uniform. They took him out of the water. He was still unconscious for two hours. And when he woke up, his body was shaking and a big drop of sweat rolled into his body. I asked him of what happened on the North Sea Border. Though it took times for him to explain everything yet he finished the telling. We heard terrifying news.

                This was his testimony:

                'It was a sunny day; all the North Sea Marine ships are on their posts. We were disturbed when we saw a mountain of cloud slowly moving towards our direction. We could hear a loud and horrific sound coming from the cloud.  As the cloud was approaching it caused a ripple of big waves. While we were panicked to the unexpected event, gigantic monsters appeared to our sight came from underwater. They were twenty and forty feet tall; they also stood like human. Their skin was like the crocodiles' and they had a fin on their back. With white eyes and shark teeth their feature were really a nightmare. They attacked two of our ships and took it down. Then more of them came out swimming toward our ships. Right them, we prepared to counter attack.  Thus, we had a bloody battle.

                After half an hour, we killed twenty of them and they took ten of our ships.  We had the battle in our hands; we killed another five of them. But it was changed, when the voice that came from the cloud gotten louder and louder and gigantic waves formed and torn down seven of our ships. The cloud was shuttered; and two hundred feet Giant revealed itself from the pillar of clouds. We were very terrified and stammered. And it destroyed our ships one by one.

                And when our Capitan saw that it was a hopeless battle he commanded ten of us to report the event. But only I survived....'

                That was the end of his report. I knew it was terrifying but we must not lose hope. We are now preparing ourselves to head to North. I already commanded the East Border and North Border marines to do the same.

                "We will do our best to protect the Kingdom that's our calling and we are honored to die for it"...'

"That is his report." The king said lamely.

I can saw his faced darkened caused by despair...

Not just his but all of those who were present in the court.

I could feel my knee shaking and fear surrounded my body.... 'Giants? How can we defeat Giants?' I thought.

'There's still a way! There's still away!' I was fighting myself gripping my fists.

"We're doomed... There's no way he can defeat and even handle those Giants?" Gol desperately whispered.

When I heard those words I shouted, "No!!! I will not accept that!!! Yeah, they are Giants but don't forget we are a Hero. I believe that we can defeat this one!" I shouted very loudly that everyone in the court could hear those words..

I paused for seconds holding my fists and continued, "We are all Heroes, to protect the people is our calling and to the die for it is our honor..."

I stopped as I saw all the faces were on me. 'I can't believe that I could say those words', I thought,

I can feel a warm hand tapped my shoulder. When I turned I saw the lively face of Capitan Diego.

"Hahaha... What a good words of yours." he commented.

"Huh." Gol smiled at me...

All faces turned back to the King as he stood. He shouted, "We are counting in all of you!"

"It's our honor!!!" we shouted.