Chapter 7: At Gol's Bright Side

'Oh crap! Please don't say it! Please....' I could hear it inside of me.

I felt crushed and terrified of losing my love Mina...

I could hear the loud beating of my heart.

'No! Don't think like that lad! Let him finish, maybe your wrong. Right?' I encouraged myself again, hehehe

Gol continued while putting some powder of coffee on his cup and me still staring at him and waiting for hope to shine, hehehe, "Mina and I... ahm, we've met each other when we were young, we play together... but we've seen each not often because Mr. Angelo only came here in Center thrice a week,.. She's lovely girl, she loves talking and she also likes riding at my back.. But you know Mr. Angelo was right that there are always good thing in every bad things that came for though I failed the Uno examination, now we saw each other daily. She always cooks food for me, for my work, hahaha,.. She did not change, still she's lovely..."

"Wait! You're not answering my questions!!!" I interrupted desperately.

"Oppss... Sorry Gid. By the way, is it okay if I call you Gid? Capitan Diego also like 'Gid'..."

"Oh that! Its fine all my friends prefer that too, and we're friends now, hehehe." I answered

"Proceed now on your answer!" I demanded.

"Hahaha, You're not excited, aren't you? Mina and I..." he paused again and stared at me..

Why did he stop?

Tog! Tog! Tog! My heart beated the sound of my anxiety.

"Hahaha!" He laughed loudly while holding his stomach.

What?

"Hey! Why are you laughing?" I asked curiously.

"I'm right!" he exclaimed.

"What? Right in what?"

"That you like Mina, my cousin..." he answered.

'Did I hear it correctly'.........

Yeah I heard the Hope I'm waiting for, hehehe.. I wanted to jump and shout that time but I withhold myself.

"What? Mina and you are cousins!" I surprisingly asked.

"Yeah! Mina's mother and my father are siblings. I'm an orphan like you. My mother died when she gave birth to me and my father died in a mission, for he's an army."

When I heard Gol's story, my mood was change... It felt that, right at the moment, I thought I understand him completely... However I also felt happy of finding someone that can understand me of my longing to be carried with the loving hands of my parents. Mang Claro had been a great father to me, I'm grateful of having him, but still I'm always imagining how happy would I if I had them, my parents.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your parents." I apologized.

"No, it's okay. You're my friend now Gid and I know you're the person who can understand me most. Still I've got Mina, Mrs. Ason and Mr. Angelo as my family. You know, I'm curious why you didn't notice that we're cousins. Look! Our hairs are the same in color, and we both are good looking, Hahaha" He laughed with arms crossed on his chest.

"Hahaha! I'm sorry I didn't notice it." I answered, obviously I don't want to hurt his feeling, especially he's Mina's cousin, hehe.

I surveyed Gol's appearance, searching for a clue of Mina's feature, not surprisingly; I found none, except the color of their hair, hehehe. First, Mina had fair complexion while Gol was dark. Mina's hair was long and straight that reaches below her shoulder blades with part of it cut to about shoulder length and a fringe that reaches her eye brow, while Gol's was curly cornrows hair. Mina's face was slim and had pointed chin beneath her thin sweet lips paired with her cute nose that divided her two beautiful round brown eyes and she's about an inch shorter that me yet curvy.