Chapter 4.A: At the Wagon

There were five wagons came to the Hall. Just by looking at them, I could tell that our trip will be a hurry. For each wagon were pulled by two muscular horses, specialized on a fast trip. And their wheel were the biggest in their type, it's 48 inches in diameter.

"Ahm, Am I wrong if I say that we will have a hasty ride? Hehehe" I asked sarcastically as I scratched the back of my head.

"Hahaha,,, No you're not..." Capitan Diego replied.

"Oh no..." Gol reacted.

"What's the matter pal?" I concernedly asked.

"It's nothing!!!" He rudely answered.

Actually I counted Gol as one of my friends even he did the contrast. Often times we saw each other at work, he was also a cutter. He started his work last three years after he failed the Uno examination. Because of bad temper, I rarely found him accompanied by our co-worker. Many times I tried to have a conversation with him, but it's always a failure, Hehehe.

"Okay, put yourselves in the wagon! Ten people each wagon!" Capitan Diego commanded.

I counted all the heroes in the hall; we were forty- seven heroes... eighteen heroes were registered army heroes, Capitan Diego included. The rest of us, twenty nine exactly, are non- registered army heroes, included the non- examinees but not the heroes aged under 16.

It was a rare situation for these numbers of heroes to be summoned by the king. 'It's odd' I thought.

I rode in the last wagon and what in the world that Gol was here also in the same wagon. And to make things worst he sat beside me.

But the presence of Capitan Diego gave me peace of mind, hehehe, he was in our wagon, by the way.

As our wagon started, I watched, for the last time, the woody town of Laum. It's surrounded by big tall trees. How did we maintain our trees??? Hehehe. Thanks to the farmers of Linaw. They can plant a trees and make it grow big for just a month.

Gol acted differently on our travel, he was very quiet.

We traveled 50 kilometers rocky road for just 3 hours... and arrived to the Center Town at 5 o'clock in the afternoon.  Our wagon stopped on the palace courtyard.

Gol rushed out and vomited at the ground....

"Hahaha! That's it! You have travel sickness...." I laughed.

We waited for another hour, until all wagons (that carried heroes from all the towns) came and gathered together.

All heroes were assembled, grouped by town, and waiting for the King's arrival at the palace courtyard. In 6 o'clock, the king arrived.

"Here comes the King!" palace guards announced.

We bowed down as the king descended on his carriage. The king went to the stage and sat on his chair.

"You may now rise," the king requested. His voice was very warm. He had a yellow wavy hair that was properly combed up. But his face was obviously disturbed. We rose up as a response.

"Good evening everyone,... I know that every one of you was puzzled by my action of gathering you here! We have an urgent matter to discuss with.."

The king paused and continued...

"Last three days we received a horrific report from Mayor Zedha,." A man approached to him and handed an untied papyrus.