From Dusk to Dawn

A new story! So this popped out of my head just this day, and when it did; I immediately typed it out... Soo feedbacks please! I'm still thinking if I should continue this or not. Lalalala Enjoy! By the way, this was from my Fanfiction, I just posted it here to get feedbacks from people.

Chapter I: Void

"Then from those profound slumbers we awake in a dawn not knowing who we are, being nobody, newly born, ready for anything, the brain emptied of that past which was life until then. And perhaps it is more wonderful still when our landing at the waking-point is abrupt and the thoughts of our sleep, hidden by a cloak of oblivion, have no time to return to us gradually, before sleep ceases.

– Marcel Proust

Void.

There was nothing but absolute darkness in the dwelling place where he was sent, and this was all that he remembered. There was darkness everywhere, the place was as silent as a tomb, a deafening quietude growled at him like a roaring lion, it consumed him. And even for once, he feared. He feared the darkness, he feared the silence. Not even the word profound could describe the depths of this devastating sorrow gave him. Not any word.

But somewhere in that pitch blackness, there was a little voice screaming. A voice wanting to be heard, but some barricade restrains it. At the thought of the barricades, he shuddered. Wake... He heard it speak, in obscure words or word. Wake up... A gray light covered the dense and absolute darkness as the voice became clear to him. He was now standing in solid ground, but he sees the pavement invisible. He runs endlessly but finds no objects barricading it. The gray light was slightly lighting in the form of a lighter illumination. "Enjolras, wake up!" the bartender screamed as he splashed an ice cold water at Enjolras' neck. He woke. "You're already way past your paid time!" continued the bartender.

"What did I pay for anyways?" asked Enjolras, stopping for a moment, rubbing his eyes as it fixated around the environment. He looked around him, and saw different things. It wasn't the France that he last lived on. He looked at his clothes; it was so much different than what he last wore.

"You paid for an overnight, but I last remember that you paid that the day before yesterday!" the bartender said, but still not catching enough attention from the blonde-haired man who seems to be surprised at everything. "Eh, what are you looking at?" asked the bartender whose a little uncannily clean shaven for a man of age. "Ahh, you haven't taken a bath yet!" once again, Enjolras didn't seem to mind him. "Oi boy, girl problems?" said the old man, still attempting to catch Enjolras' attention. Enjolras looked at him, with a glance that passes through the man and to the unknown. He silently shook his head, not really hearing what the man said; but concluded it as a question. "Fine, I'll let you go for now. Wish you luck son," concluded the bartender, and this brought Enjolras back to his senses.

"Wait! Where do I live again?" this brought the head of the bartender slightly tilted and questioning, "Ahh, is the young boy in love? I know that love does stupid things to people! Ahh, to be young again." the bartender jumped into conclusions. "No, it's just that, my sleep was too... good..." Enjolras reasoned out.

The bartender moved back to his drawers and took a chain of keys, "Lad, be careful. You're home is far from this place, this disgusting place." He said, with unintentional venom in his statements. "Your home is located in New York. That's the only thing you've told me before, but you probably even only said that because you were too drunk! Haha," he added, with a gleaming cheer upon his face. Having no other clue but the word New York, Enjolras bid the bartender farewell and went out of the bar, standing opposite its doorstep. Enjolras was a well-taught man during his lifetime in Paris; he was taught about America and that he is in the continent of America.