Chapter 4: Explanations

Shiro
Chapter Four
Explanations

The old man gestured for us to sit, leaving Gin and I to frown at each other and sit down on top of cushions around a small table. The old man headed into the kitchen off to the side, saying how he would start making some tea as promised.

I took this time to look around cautiously, frowning. I didn’t know why the entrance of a Blacksmith shop would look like this but – judging from the steel-bolted door a few feet away from us – it looked like this was more of a sitting room to wait at while he’s working.

After a few moments the old man came back, holding a plate with three steaming cups balanced on top of it. He placed it onto the table carefully and Gin and I exchanged a look before twisting the plate. It was for safety purposes, mostly. Just to make sure we didn’t end up with the poisoned one in case this man meant harm.

You could never be too careful.

The old man simply chuckled in amusement as we both grabbed a glass, me uttering a thank you while Gin simply grunted.

“So….who exactly are you?” I questioned, frowning.

“Hisagi Kenpachi, at your service.” He smiled kindly, gesturing to us, “And yourselves?”

“I’m Shiro, this is Gin.” I pointed to said male as he was busy chugging his tea, most likely burning his throat. My prediction was correct as he yelped and stuck his tongue out, fanning it like an idiot.

Kenpachi chuckled, nodding. “It’s nice to meet you both. Was there a reason for you two to be fighting outside my shop?”

“This bitch is the most aggravating slut I’ve ever met. That’s the fucking reason.” Gin growled.

I rolled my eyes. “Do you ever not cuss? It makes you sound like a moron.”

“Do you ever stop acting like a fucking stick? Show some damn emotions already!” Gin retorted, black and gold eyes shifting over to me angrily.

“I show emotions. Just not around you.”

“You’re always fucking around me!”

“Exactly.”

Gin growled, opening his mouth to continue our argument but thankfully, Kenpachi interrupted, laughing quietly.

“You two sure are rambunctious, aren’t you?”

“More like she’s an emotionless bitch.”

“And you’re a moron whose vocabulary is mostly made up of vulgar language.”

“Who the fuck uses the word vulgar anymore?!”

“People with intelligence.”

“Why you—”

“Now, now, no need to start another fight.” Kenpachi chuckled, waving a hand at the both of us. Gin’s head was covered in irk marks while I was just smirking at his angered form.

“Anyway, back to important matters. Could you happen to tell us where we are?” I asked, turning back to the old man as I took a cautious sip of my tea. Noticing that it had cooled enough I took a larger sip, looking curiously towards Kenpachi.

“You’re about ten miles south of Konohagakure in the Fire Country.”

Raising an eyebrow I looked over at Gin in confusion. Seeing his matching expression, I turned back to the old man. “Um….Konoha-what?”

His blinked, looking between the both of us. Seeing our matching confused expression, he smiled and got up from his position on the floor, heading over to a dresser in one corner of the room.