At Last ( Part 2 ) (14)

{ Edited }

I had blocked everyone from getting to me and the two people I hated most. I wasn't me, and to say the least, I hated it. I wanted to run into Andrew's arms to make everything go away. Why couldn't I just stop? I was too far, too gone.

"Mariah, listen to me.. I'm sorry!" Chase pleaded. " I never meant to hurt you.. I just loved you so much that I couldn't let him take you from me" he continued to explain.

"Mariah, j...just let us go and we'll never come back" Jack chirped in.

"You both didn't just hurt me.. you hurt my mate, my family, and my friends!" I said yelling.

With all the talking I didn't notice that the force field was gone, or that Andrew was slowly making his way towards me. I looked around at the quiet wolves and all the damaged I had done during the time of talking. The small cabins around us had be destroyed and Chase's wolves looked rough. I really didn't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just a girl who got thrown into all of this! One minute I'm someone's mate, the next minute I'm the most powerful witch.

I can't hurt anyone else, I have to leave.

"You will hurt me if you leave, Mariah" Andrew said, shutting down my thoughts.

"You'll hurt all of us" our pack and family said in unison.

Tears started to fill my eyes as I fell to my knees. My body felt extremely heavy and I could tell I would loose consciousness any minute.

"I can't let you hurt anyone else" I stated towards Jack and Chase.

With that said, I shot some electric power to both of them sitting on the ground. I looked into Chase and Jack's faces one last time, only to see the life leave them.

"Mariah!" was the last thing I heard before blacking out.

Andrew's POV

She killed them. I never thought it would end just like that. Everything not only hit Mariah fast, but myself as well. I planned to take Mariah away from all of this soon, tjat way we would have time to think and get over all this. On top of that, Mariah is going to go into heat soon. Everything's crazy at the moment.

During her disappearance, I managed to keep the pack calm, as well as her family. Even so her siblings have gotten closer to their mates, so I moved them in to the pack house with us. As much as it pains me to not let her parents stay with us, I cannot take that risk. They are werewolf hunters and I will not risk anyone's life.

Six hours have gone by since Mariah passed out. All of the powers and stress caused her body to shut down in order to protect herself. From down the hall I sensed her wake up slowly, but surely. Racing down the hall, I calmed down and cautiously opened the door.

Her hair fell beautifully around the bed covers and her body was wrap comfortably in the sheets. Everything about my mate is perfect.

"Are you done checking me out?" Mariah said with a chuckle. I couldn't help but smile.

"How did you know?"

"God I missed your smile" she said, taking my breath away.

Sitting softly on the bed, I laid my head in her lap. She sat up and started to caress my hair. A soft moan left my lips as I heard a sigh from hers.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking up.

"Did I ki-" she started before crying.

"Baby it's okay. What you did was unexpected, but look at it this way.. they can't hurt anyone else" I said while holding her.

"What have I become?"

"You're still the amazing, beautiful, talented Mariah. Just with extra badass."

"I love you Andrew."

"I love you too, Mariah. Now you're still going to be Luna, so we have a lot of work to do."

"Like?"

"Today you're doing training with my mother to show you the ropes."

"But I just came from a battle" she whined.

"You're part witch, so your body healed itself."

"I'm awesome!" she said, jogging to the bathroom.

Mariah's POV

"Chin up! Back straight! Shoulders back!" Andrews mother exclaimed.

"Can we take a break? I've been at this for 3 hours now" I asked willingly.

"No. A Luna never gets breaks. Now, as I was say-"

"Hello mother."

I turned around to the unfamiliar voice, taking in his features.

"Oh.. What are you doing here darling?!" she said running up to him.

"Wanted to stop by and check up on you guys" he explained.

"Oh, yes! Mariah, meet Christopher. Christopher, meet Mariah."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Andrew's brother."

"This family has a blessed gene pool" I thought.

-------------------------------------------

* Author's Note *

I hope you guys enjoyed!

Please check out my other book:

The Boy Next Door