Chapter 9

Marley made his way home after the bell rang. He didn't drive today so he had to walk a couple blocks after the bus dropped him off. This finally gave him a chance to actually breathe freely and clear his head of all the thoughts. The day was actually feeling good and he decided that he was going to go to the park instead of heading right home. Spring was finally here and Marley wanted to take some pictures. This was his type of thing, he thought to himself. Pictures were a big part of his life and one of his main hobbies. He remembered how his dad always snapped a picture of everything when Marley was a child growing up. He used to love posing too and ever since then he always had an interest in how a camera worked. Marley had an iPhone which took very beautiful pictures but he always found himself carrying around his professional camera whether to school or even to the corner corner store. There was always something worth snapping along the way and he didn't want to miss it. Just as he was about to get out his camera he heard someone shouting his name.

"Marley," It was't a shout but more of a question.

Marley turned around in time to see a light skin lanky dude walking up to him. "Yea, can I help you," he replied. He knew it sounded a little rude but his brain was trying to find the reason as to why the boy looked familiar.

"Damn, I can't believe it's you. You've grown up in the past couple years," the boy said.

"Ummm, I guess," Marley said giving the guy a small smile.

"You don't remember me do you?" Asked the guy while giving Marley a hard stare.

Marley replied by saying, "You look familiar but I'm not sure where I know you from though."

The boy laughed which had his whole face lighting up. He was really cute even though he wasn't really Marley's type. That's when his thoughts went to Terrell.

"We used to attend the same middle school, I used to live across from you." The guy said distracting Marley from his thoughts. Marley dug deep into his brain to try and come up with a memory about past neighbors and then that's when it finally clicked. This guy was his old best friend.

"Damion!" Marley shouted.

"Yea man, it's me" he said giggling. He couldn't believe this was the boy who he used to spend every single second with. Now that Marley was looking at him, he really did look like the little boy who he used to play with, just an older version.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it's really you. I'm not the one that's grown, you are ! What are you even doing here?"

"Well my dad's contract was up in California so we decided to move back here," Damion said with a small smile. Marley remembered that smile, that smile made Marley know that he was going to be a little different from the other boys.

"Wow that's really great. I mean we moved  but it's still in town just a different area. How are you feeling about being back here though?" Marley asked.

Damion walked over to a bench and patted the space beside him signalling Marley to take a seat. It was funny how they had just met again a couple minutes ago and everything felt as if Damion didn't even move to California for over six years.

"To be honest, California was good but I really missed it here. I think my mom did too and now everything's back to normal and it feels great. Plus I really missed you man, I feel like we were suppose to go through all this teenage stuff together," Damion said giving Marley a hug.

Marley hugged him back, hearing Damion say all that added to just how much Marley had missed him when he had to leave in the first place. " I feel the exact same way, I wished we had the chance to have contact with each other it would have been a lot easier but that's the past. At least we can be friends again."