(13). Dinner Party!

AN: above is her outfit for the party

As I squeeze into my dress, a knock sounds at my door.

"If you can zip a dress, then come in. If not, go away." I say, trying to do it myself.

"I'm here to help." Grant's voice sounds through the door.

"Where my uncle?" I ask.

"He left already. I'll be taking you to the party." He says.

"Enter, young Palawan." I say in a dark voice. My door creaks open, and soon I feel my dress zipped. A pair of hands wrap around my waist and spin me so that I see Grant's face. He pulls me closer, and kisses me.

"Woah there, Romeo. Slow, remember?" He laughs.

"Yes but my Juliet looks rather beautiful tonight." I grin.

"Wow, gee, thanks." I mutter.

"Not, that you don't look beautiful every day but... Yea I'm shutting up." We both laugh and I am released from his grip.

"Stay there, I have a couple things left to do." I grab my shoes from my closet, and head into the conjoining bathroom.

"Don't rush. I'll be here all night." He says, putting himself on my bed.

"No you won't!" I call, finishing my makeup and straightening my hair. I latch the necklace, and watch it drop to the base of my neck. I sit on my tub and tie my heels, and walk out.

"Wow." He says.

"Now that I am complete, shall we leave?" I ask, grabbing my black purse and phone.

"We shall." He opens my bedroom door and lets me out first, doing the same at the front door. I lock the house, and we get in his truck and leave.

After about 45 minutes, we arrive at one of the producers house.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Ready Freddy. Sort of." I smile and he nods and we head in.

"Kris! Grant!" A person who I barely know comes up and hugs me. I hug her back, and go over to my uncle.

"Hello, baby girl." He kisses my forehead like a father would, and hugs me.

"Hello. While Grant mingles, I will stay in the shadows." He laughs.

"There's my girl." He hugs me again, and walks away. I stand in a corner, watching Grant socialize.

"So why is a pretty girl like you standing all alone." A random guy creeps up, smiling.

"Because I'm not into big parties. Or one night stands." He laughs.

"Well maybe I'm not here for a one night stand." He says, creeping closer.

~•Grant's POV•~

Candice- she's being hit in. Bad boyfriend

Me- where is she? And yes, I am a very bad boyfriend...

Candice- corner by the hallway. And don't let her leave you for the rest of the night.