(8). Maybe Later

2 months later

Grant's POV

I stand in the living room, pacing, when David's phone rings.

"Hello?" He answers. I rush into the kitchen to hear.

"Yes. I understand. We'll get in the car right now." He hangs up and grabs his keys. I grab my phone and book bag and get in the car. He looks at me. "Grant, they found them. They're heading over there right now." I look excited.

"Let's go!" He drives out and my phone buzzes.
(C- Candice, G- Grant)

C- where did you guys go?

G- they found her

C- and you're getting her now?

G- yes.

C- everybody says good luck

G- thanks

I put my phone down and watch the road David was driving down.

"When we get there, find her. Don't stop for a second, do you understand me?" I nod furiously and he stops in front of a wood cabin.

"Mr. Nutter, Mr. Gustin. Thank you for coming." I nod.

"This is my niece, sheriff. Of course I'd come." David says, holding in his snap.

"Are you ready?" David asks me. I nod, and the sheriff just looks at me.

"Sir, are you sure he can-" He starts.

"He will be just fine. A face she wants to see, he better be." David snaps, pulling me to the door.

"Let's go!" The sheriff calls, busting open the door, and they go in before I do. I sneak through the kitchen, and stop when her father stares me dead in the eye.

"So. You came. I'll go get her." He pulls out a knife and starts to leave.

"No!" I yell, shoving him out of the way, and the knife falls far away from either of us. I put him in a choke hold and the sheriff points his gun at him.

"Where is she being held at?" I growl. He points to a brown door on the right side of the hall, and I release him and go running in.

Her auburn hair is tangled with brown all over, her skin is as dark as dirt and her clothes were all torn and mangled. There were crimson spots all over her, and she was groaning weakly. I pick the chair up that he has her tied in. I undo the ties with the box cutter he has on the counter, and pick her up bridal style. Her head rests on my chest, and her eyes open a little.

"Grant?" She weakly asks.

"I'm right here. You don't have to worry anymore. I promise." I smile, and she weakly smiles.

"Good.... I don't feel well."

"I know. We'll get you out of here." I get out of the room, and the sheriff arrests Alex.