(9). Coma Girl

Rick's POV

I look over her room and notice one thing is missing.

"Where's Grant?" I ask.

"He went to Starbucks. He couldn't handle watching her sleep.... Survivors remorse?" Danielle says.

"I'll go check up on him." I step out and go out of the hospital and into the nearby Starbucks. I pat his shoulder and sit down I front of him.

"Hey." He says gruffly.

"You ok?" I ask, scratching my head.

"Yea, I'm fine." He looks up and I sigh.

"Says the one who looks like shit." I chuckle and he smiles.

"Yea, but its a waiting game. You never know when it'll end." He runs a hand through his hair.

"Yea, but when it does end, do you really want to be in a Starbucks?" He sighs.

"No. Not really." I get up, order the gang some coffee, watch Grant pull himself out of his chair, pay for the drinks, and we walk out. We come into the room, and everyone grabs one and sits back down.

"How is she?" Grant asks.

"Nothing's changed. Yet." David says, looking anxious.

Someone's phone rings and we all jump.

"Why is her phone ringing?" Candice asks.

"Dunno." Grant asks, and picks it up. He places it on her legs and puts it on speaker.

"Hello people. I know that all of you are there, watching her, protecting her. Coma Girl won't last long. Many of her father's relatives are hunting her down. They blame her for the arrest if Alex. Beware, you have been warned. Ohh and Grant. They'll be coming after you too." The line goes dead, and we all stare at it.

"What. Just. Happened." David says, standing.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Kris's POV

I shudder in my prison. If only I can be awake and join in, but my body says no.

Aunt Cindy was the one who delivered the message, and I hold my head.

"Get me out of here!!" I shout. My tears spill again, and I can hear everyone gasp.

"Nurse!" Danny yells. Everyone clears out, letting the nurses and doctor do their job.

What's happening? What's going on?! Someone please!!! Tell me what the hell is going on?! Am I waking up? Am I moving? Someone.... Hello?!

I feel myself again, as I take a big gasp of breath.

"Welcome back, Miss Marks. It has been a rough two months on your family and friends. Would you like to see them?" I nod, and one by one, they all come in.

"Kris!" They all hug me, except for the lonely guy in the back, staring at me. I let everyone get a chance to tell me what happened when I hold up a hand.

"Can I talk to Grant for a second please?" Try nod and leave, and Grant sits where Danny was.

"Hi." He says.

"You look like hell." I smile weakly and he chuckles.

"You look like you were battered by a baseball bat." I nod.

"Well... I mean, that's not far from the truth.... I want to thank you. For saving me." I smile and he looks up.

"I'm just glad you're OK." I play shove his shoulder.

"Seriously? Try again. I heard everything." His eyes widen, and I smile.

"I was hoping you didn't. Dammit." He mutters. I laugh and sit up a little bit.

"Well.... Did you mean it." I ask, sounding demanding. He looks at me and smiles.

"Of course. When I said I'd protect you, I meant it. When I said that I'd never leave you, I meant it. And when I said I love you, I meant. Every. Single. Word." I smile. He gets up and hugs me, and kisses my cheek. I smile at the gesture, thinking at first it was only a comforting move, but now, I see that he really meant it when he did that.

"Grant." Danny calls.

"Yes sir?" He looks at him.

"Lemme have a word." Grant pats my hand and walks out, and Danny resumes his spot.

"Well. Are you feeling OK?" I laugh.

"Yea, actually, I am." I smile.

"OK, what did Grant do..." He rolls his eyes.

"Don't give me that mister. He just. Possibly made my day by telling me he loves me." I blurt out, making it sound like one word.

"What?" He simply asks.

"Danny, I just woke up. Leave me alone." I groan.

"Didn't I tell you when I let you be my assistant that you'd fall for him? I was right. I know I was. Missy I basically called this from the very beginning." He says, smiling.

"Shut up, Danny. I mean it." I growl.

"Somebody's grouchy in the morning." He says, laughing.

"My Harley is going to speak to you if you don't shut up and give me coffee. I need it." I groan.

"Fiesty. Alright, I'm leaving. I was right!" He calls, leaving the room. I sigh and wonder.

Is anyone going to mention the call?

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%
AN

Sorry, my grandma fell today and I had to go take care if her. And the day before that, I was babysitting. So yea.

Holy crap, 120+ reads..... Do you guys really like this book?

Amnesia_and_Dreams