(1). Starting Work.

"Kristina! What the hell are you doing!" The director yells, making me jump about three feet in the air.

"N-nothing sir!" I grab my laptop, slip my book bag over my head, put all my paperwork on my laptop, and put the cast sheets on top. Soon, I can't see.

"Um, Miss?" I hear a voice, and sigh.

"I've got it!" I yell, securing my grip, and walk through the front door, and follow the director.

"Have Grant and Martin in my office at 2." The director says, closing his door. I open my office door with my foot and go in. I lay everything on my desk, and use the office phone to call Mr. Gustin and Mr. Martin. I go through everything, and a knock comes to my door.

"Uh, Miss...." I look up, and see Mr. Martin.

"Ahh, Mr. Martin. He's behind the metallic door. Would you tell Mr. Gustin that too?" I smile and nod, and go through all my papers, again. My email notification rings, and I check it.

Kris,

I know how hard it was to loose Mom, but Dad wants to speak to you. Please. I know, you're with Uncle Danny, and he told me that you just want to be accepted. Text me. Love you sis.

Ben.

I sigh. I pull my laptop from my stack of papers, and adjust my glasses. I hit Skype, and hit my brothers name.

"Kristina!"

I smile.

"Hey bubby. How's Sarah?"

"Good. She's moving in... Dad is getting out today." I stifle a sob.

"Good for him." It's his turn to sigh.

"Why are you blaming him?" I shake my head.

"Uncle Danny is going to kill me-" Speaking of the devil.

"Kris, I-..... Hello Benjamin. How is your girlfriend?" Ben nods.

"Good. Is Kris situated well at the house?" House is an understatement.

"Yes. She has an entire floor to herself." Ben nods again.

"Good. Look, Kris, text me later. I have to help Dad. Love ya sis. Good seeing you again, Uncle Danny." He hangs up, and I sigh.

"Well. Your father is getting out?" He asks. He goes around my desk, and sits in one of the chairs.

"Apparently. Not like he deserves any sympathy from me." I hang my head.

"Natalie's murder wasn't his fault. Trust me. It was the-"

"I know. The next door neighbor. But what Dad didn't do, was stop him. He stood by, and watched. I saw it, Uncle Danny! I was on the other side of the room, and he just watched." Tears are running down my face, and a knock comes at my door.

"Sir, you needed to see me?" I wipe my face, and close my laptop, placing it in my bookbag.

"Yes, Mr. Grant. I was, I was going to discuss the first episode. Let's talk in my office. Sorry, I was chatting with my neice here." He looks at me. "We'll finish this talk when we get home." I nod, and he gets up and leaves, leaving me to finish my work.

~ • ~

I lock my office door, and slip my book bag over my head, and stick my hands in my jean jacket. I look for Uncle Danny's Mersades, but instead finding an empty lot. He forgot me. Great. A truck rolls by, as I grab my beanie from my bag, and slip it on my head, covering in my ears. For an August night, it was sure cold.

The truck stops, and the driver gets out.

"Need a ride?" I look up and Grant Gustin stands in front of me. I nod, and he opens the passenger side door. I get in, and he gets in his side, and starts it. We roll away from the building, when Grant turns down the music, and shakes me.

"You're the director's niece. Right?" I nod.

"Yep. That's me." I smile.

"So why are you his assistant? Couldn't you be like spoiled or something?" I laugh.

"Nope. I'm actually in refuge in my uncle's home." I wince.

"Can I ask why?" He stops at a convenience store and looks at me.

"It was two years ago. I got home from school, I was a senior in high school.... I was graduating that night and my brother Ben was a sophomore in college."

"So you're 20?" I nod.

"21 in two months. September 7th."

"Ok, go on..." I laugh, and feel my tears sliding down my cheeks.

"I had just gotten home. My mom and my next door neighbor was arguing about something, and he pulls out a gun on her. I start screaming, and my brother pulls me into the coat closet. The neighbor looked, and saw nothing, so.... He shot her. It missed her heart by mere inches, and my father came running down. He stopped at the stairwell, but didn't move an inch.

"The neighbor pulled out a knife, and stabbed her, repeatedly. My brother called 911, but they didn't save her. They arrested my father, and the neighbor. They arrested my father for not aiding my mother. I was so mad, and angry, and so I packed all my things, put in my truck and went to graduation that night.

"After graduation was over, I got in my truck, and I haven't looked back since. I've called my brother so many times afterwards. Today they let my father go." I look down at my hands, trembling with fear and pent up anger, and the sobs never stop. He rubs my back, and starts the truck. I wipe my face, command the flood gates to close, and stare out the window. My thoughts are so fumbled right now, I can't think straight.

"Here you are." I nod.

"Thank you." I mumble, getting out, and heading in. I rush in my room, drop my bag, get in the shower, and clear my head.

"Kris?"

"Yes, Uncle Danny?"

"I need you to wake up early tomorrow. I need you to hand out the revised scripts."

"OK!" I yell, sighing.

After my shower, I climb into bed, and pass out.

----------

AN;

Hello everyone! So, the nerdy girl gets a job as an editing director, a director's assistant, and she has to wake up super early, to give the actors that days script.

She wakes up at like 4AM, and doesn't leave until about 11PM.... Yikes. So. Vote, comment, follow.....

Love y'all!

TheFreakDatWrites